Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
I played a few games in the early hours, First 2 were plagued with problems - including one I've not had before where weapon switching intermittently didn't work so I blew myself up with my own autocannon a couple of times..., then had 2 good games, then 3 games where the client just exit to desktop or I just appeared instantly back on my ship during the shuttle count down - I'm assuming the host either crashed or alt+F4'd for some reason, probably crashed.

It is making it very hard to be engaged with the game when constantly a bit on edge as to whether it'll crash or not.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone crashing in solo games? I know it's not a solo-friendly game, but was wondering if it's something going on with the way multiplayer games are hosted that's causing the problem, especially given all the problems they have with the Friends system and Crossplay issues too?

Soldato
I started out playing as a duo, sometimes strictly duo, sometimes filling up with randoms. We never had a crash, but it was always one or other of us hosting. Crossplay was usually off.

My friend lost interest (game balance and bugs reasons) and after getting frustrated with purely random groups (team killers, map rushers, kickers etc) I now mostly play solo. If I play. But usually only enough to complete the daily or participate a bit in the Major Order because it's not a lot of fun solo.

But, importantly, no crashes when solo. And also none of the weirdness I've seen reported here. So I'm wondering if a lot of it is down to issues with whoever is hosting the game, particularly when a full squad is involved.

My fps is capped to 60, which may have some relevance too.

Soldato
I've played 100 hours and not had any crashes but I've only played with same 3 people.. 2 on PC and 1 on PS5 all real life friends.. same person always hosts the game too.. also I've played on 2 different PCs 8700k 3070 and now a 7800x3d 4070ti super and game has been solid for me..

they did mention yesterday in discord tho that there was a few crashes when playing with someone on PS5 but supposedly that's been fixed now

also big update coming April 11th - crossbow etc

Last edited:
Associate
Clearing this folder: "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\Arrowhead\Helldivers2\shader_cache" seems to have fixed the post mission shuttle crash for me.

Worth a try if you're struggling with that paricular crash as I was.

Scratch that, just crashed again. So frustrating!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Typical everything kicks off while I'm on holiday.

Oh anyone noticed the robot scream things like "I can't stop" and "help me"?

Seen some people talking about and the vivisection tables/cages meaning the bots are basically cybermen from captured humans

Soldato

Seen some people talking about and the vivisection tables/cages meaning the bots are basically cybermen from captured humans

Never noticed that. But I don't tend to have much time for the scenery detail when hundreds of bots are shooting at me and chasing me across the map :)

That marching 'song' they do creeps me out though.

Associate
Typical everything kicks off while I'm on holiday.

I've not noticed it, but will listen out for it.

I didn't realise the Automatons were actually singing while marching until last week!

Man of Honour
Game has actually been completely stable for me tonight - but I'm seeing a lot of players drop near the mission end or just as the shuttle takes off or around that point, which doesn't make much sense for people to leave so they are probably crashing.

EDIT: Last game of the night crashed on boarding shuttle though still got all the rewards, some odd behaviour from one of the players on the team at the end, silly team kills and stuff, so not sure if related.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm seeing a lot of players drop near the mission end or just as the shuttle takes off or around that point, which doesn't make much sense for people to leave so they are probably crashing.
I'm also seeing this. We was all on the way to the extraction point and suddenly 1 player dropped and then a few seconds later the 2nd did. As you have mentioned, it would be stupid for players to willingly disconnect at this point as they would loose everything

In the end we extracted with just us 2. Funny thing is we got no drops of automations at all while waiting for extraction so we just hid out of sight until the shuttle had landed

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah crashing at the end of a game is rampant right now. In combo with my machine bluescreening since this week's patch, it's basically impossible for me to complete a match right now. Frustrating.
Seen posts on Reddit complaining about lack of progress on the Major Order. Probably down to the game crashing constantly!

Soldato
Yeah crashing at the end of a game is rampant right now. In combo with my machine bluescreening since this week's patch, it's basically impossible for me to complete a match right now. Frustrating.
Seen posts on Reddit complaining about lack of progress on the Major Order. Probably down to the game crashing constantly!
I have not had a crash since I changed some of the settings.

Not bad ant BSOD though, have you looked in event viewer as to what is causing the BSOD?

Soldato

Is it the one where you all get into the ship, it takes off - and about 5-10 seconds after it leaves the pad it just totally freezes?

It's the most annoying AF bug ever!

Soldato
Right, I know there are planet modifiers that can limit or mess up your stratagems but why on extreme am I only able to select 3 while the everyone else on the team can select the full compliment? I’m only lvl 27 (maybe 28 can’t remember) and only played a couple of games at extreme but all had me limited but no one else.

Did a Google and seeing some folk with the same issues but replies suggested either a planetary modifier (not the case when others can select all 4) or a bug that requires a restart/quit mission start again.

But I’m getting this even after quitting and restarting etc. It’s annoying as **** as it means I’m that extra bit squishy compared to the rest of the team.

Back
Top Bottom