Helldivers 2

Associate
Farming supercredits for the new warbond is so boring at least I'm in charge of when the game disconnects. It's pretty fast though once you find a good map I got lucky and found one on my second try I got 600 in half an hour.

Soldato
Farming supercredits for the new warbond is so boring at least I'm in charge of when the game disconnects. It's pretty fast though once you find a good map I got lucky and found one on my second try I got 600 in half an hour.
That's not bad.

I need to farm for some SC as well but currently just been collecting them through playing the game.

Soldato
What difficulty was you on and how do you know where they are on the map to farm them?

Any difficulty. The smaller mission maps (when you're browsing the missions on the planet map) tend to be easier to farm because things are closer together. You're looking for those beacons that are beaming into the sky as these are the locations of crashed pods. Also you're looking for buildings with basement safes (usually in a small pit nearby) that you can blow open with a grenade. You don't have to extract successfully if all you want are the medals and coins, but you do need to extract if you want to keep any samples you find.

Associate
Select trivial difficulty, pick a map, drop in and look for poi's close to each other that have super credits 3-4, if you are lucky you'll find one that has two super credit pickups in it.
As soon as you have collected them disconnect your internet and reconnect, this will kick you out the game but allow you to reselect the same map from the galactic war map menu. Then it's just a matter of rinse and repeat

Soldato
Any difficulty. The smaller mission maps (when you're browsing the missions on the planet map) tend to be easier to farm because things are closer together. You're looking for those beacons that are beaming into the sky as these are the locations of crashed pods. Also you're looking for buildings with basement safes (usually in a small pit nearby) that you can blow open with a grenade. You don't have to extract successfully if all you want are the medals and coins, but you do need to extract if you want to keep any samples you find.
Select trivial difficulty, pick a map, drop in and look for poi's close to each other that have super credits 3-4, if you are lucky you'll find one that has two super credit pickups in it.
As soon as you have collected them disconnect your internet and reconnect, this will kick you out the game but allow you to reselect the same map from the galactic war map menu. Then it's just a matter of rinse and repeat
The locations with a light gold coloured shaft going up from them usually have stuff like super credits.
Thanks for the replies, ill give it a try at some point this evening

Soldato
I have not had a crash since I changed some of the settings.

Not bad ant BSOD though, have you looked in event viewer as to what is causing the BSOD?
Nothing useful in event viewer sadly. BSOD code is WHEA Unrecoverable Error, which seems to be generic hardware issue, however it only happens in Helldivers and since the patch at the start of the week. Can mitigate it by making the GPU a bigger bottle neck - cranking settings up etc, but still get the odd BSOD.
Is it the one where you all get into the ship, it takes off - and about 5-10 seconds after it leaves the pad it just totally freezes?

It's the most annoying AF bug ever!
Yep... Get that one too. In combo with the above... Yeah not a great experience this week!

Man of Honour
Nothing useful in event viewer sadly. BSOD code is WHEA Unrecoverable Error, which seems to be generic hardware issue, however it only happens in Helldivers and since the patch at the start of the week. Can mitigate it by making the GPU a bigger bottle neck - cranking settings up etc, but still get the odd BSOD.

Yep... Get that one too. In combo with the above... Yeah not a great experience this week!

You sure BSOD isn't from moving the PC for LAN party - loose connection or something?

Not seen anyone else complaining of BSODs with the game much.

Soldato
Do you have any overclocks at all?

If so, might be worth returning to stock and see if it still crashes

Soldato
You sure BSOD isn't from moving the PC for LAN party - loose connection or something?

Not seen anyone else complaining of BSODs with the game much.
Nah, pretty confident it's not that. Got no issues in other games, running memtest, cinebench etc all fine, no isssues. It's just Helldivers. PC gets well packed in the original box when transported too.

Do you have any overclocks at all?

If so, might be worth returning to stock and see if it still crashes
No proper overclocks as such. But I've disabled XMP and AMD PBO since work and just ran 2 missions without a crash. But I've had other moments where I've managed two games without a crash too so not going to get too excited yet.

Maybe I have some hardware that isn't 100% happy and Helldivers is just putting it over the edge inconsistently in a way I can't really troubleshoot :(

Soldato
Meh. Game worked fine for an hour or 2, then BSOD whilst in a mission with mates. Didn't kick my friends though, so they carried on.
Rebooted, loaded into my Destroyer. Bluescreen.
Rebooted again. Loaded into my Destroyer. Bluescreen.

*ragequit*

Soldato
Meh. Game worked fine for an hour or 2, then BSOD whilst in a mission with mates. Didn't kick my friends though, so they carried on.
Rebooted, loaded into my Destroyer. Bluescreen.
Rebooted again. Loaded into my Destroyer. Bluescreen.

*ragequit*
Thats strange, I have had crashes but no BSOD.

Whats your PC specs?

Man of Honour
Do you have async compute enabled in the game? think it is off by default but the only setting I can think of which could potentially cause a BSOD.

Man of Honour
FFS another bugged shuttle launch - just took off immediately when the first person boarded :(

EDIT: Also dunno what happened but we were still at 20 odd minutes and the bug spawning went nuts and just endlessly throwing Bile Titans at us :( usually doesn't happen unless you run down the clock.

EDIT2: Last game of the night went flawlessly, cleared the whole map max objectives, everyone extracted OK, no one crashed, no BS deaths, etc. don't understand why it can't run like that always...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom