Helldivers 2

Soldato
Turns out my BSODs aren't exclusive to this game, had the same in BAR last night. So that's annoying, but at the same time gives me something to troubleshoot. Shame I can't reproduce it, sometimes a game works for 2 hours, sometimes it bluescreens immediately.

Associate
Yea basically it's the same.

As you go higher up the difficulty levels that gives your variation because not only are there more objectives and stuff to find, but the gameplay changes because you can't really just run around shooting everything like you can on the earlier difficulty, and the use of the right strategems for the right scenario comes into play etc

But yes, you basically have to appreciate it for what it is, which is why I think it doesn't deserve some of the hype it's getting, it's certainly not game of the year, but...... If you appreciate it for what it is, it quite a fun a chill game to pick up and play for an hour or so, every now and then, I enjoy it anyway.

As repetitive as it is. It is the first game in probably 10 years that I can sit and play for hours. Yesterday, 3 friends and I were playing for 5 hours straight. It is just hilariously good fun.

I'll admit, playing with randoms is not anywhere near as fun, but still enjoyable.

Associate
Well I finally became a Citizen!

I wouldn't install their rootkit virus on my PC, so I bought an external USB SSD and HD2 has its own copy of Windows and nprotect can do whatever it wants as I will do nothing else at all on that copy of Windows!

So... what should I unlock with my medals?

Associate
Well I finally became a Citizen!

I wouldn't install their rootkit virus on my PC, so I bought an external USB SSD and HD2 has its own copy of Windows and nprotect can do whatever it wants as I will do nothing else at all on that copy of Windows!

So... what should I unlock with my medals?
I'd get the tin foil helmet first mate.

Associate
Turn ... I think its called "dynamic mode aiming" on in the settings so you can over shoulder and ADS aim. Rebind the strategem keys to Arrow Keys and turn the radar button to Hold-TAB
The dynamic ADS is such a great option.

Hadn't thought to rebind the stratagem keys, will try that (saw a video of a console players and was jealous that they could call one in on the fly).

Lots of great little features, like RMB to go back in menus. Well thought out.

Man of Honour
Did they seriously make it so you can't play against automatons at all right now? (obviously will be a reset at some point) that is a pretty **** thing to do, even as someone who doesn't find them engaging at all and rarely does bot missions.

EDIT: I can't even join anyone so far tonight just endless attempts then nothing... repeat :(

Last edited:
Associate
Did they seriously make it so you can't play against automatons at all right now? (obviously will be a reset at some point) that is a pretty **** thing to do, even as someone who doesn't find them engaging at all and rarely does bot missions.

EDIT: I can't even join anyone so far tonight just endless attempts then nothing... repeat :(

I haven't logged on this evening, but was doing my part earlier today and we were nearly at 100% against the bird. I did read something the other day, that seemed to point at the fact bots may be gone for a bit, at least for now.
I was the same about bots at first, but have been playing bots for the last few weeks, and I think I actually prefer them to the terminids. I find you need to use a lot more tactics to take them out, especially on the last two difficulties.

As far as not being able to get in a game, this was happening to me earlier too. I ended up just starting a mission on my own, and had people join almost instantly.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next anyway.

Man of Honour
Got into a game after a bit.

I just don't find the bot gameplay engaging as other games I play do that better IMO, especially without some of the frustrations of this game.

They seriously need to fix the crashing though - first mission works fine, 2nd one crashes 100% of the time now so I have to constantly restart the game between each mission :( and can't complete operations myself.

EDIT: Hotfix coming to fix the extraction crashing supposedly, wonder if it will fix one thing but break another LOL.

Last edited:
Associate
My friend found a thread on Reddit which showed that it was a GameGuard file that corrupts upon extract. npls.dsm (or something like that). So the little work around we did was verify integrity of the game files. Copy that file to a seperate folder and after every mission drag and drop the file you saved seperately back to the main game file. No crashes.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
They seriously need to fix the crashing though

Yesterday I had two issues in four missions. One I was the host, it said lost connection, I couldn't rejoin so started the same mission again and had to play whole session solo as the SOS didn't make a difference.

I had my first CTD in a long time among these few games so there still needs some work.

Soldato
Did anyone get their medals after the Major order finished?

I logged in yesterday (Didn't play any missions as just checking some settings) and received nothing

Soldato
I think they take time to come through.

Well after the last 2 weeks of fighting bots I'm looking forward to the bugs, I've only fought them twice so far...
I do prefer the bugs over the automations.

Purely because they cannot hit you from half way across the map!

The hulks also seem to be able to use their flame throwers through objects as well which is annoying.

Will see if they come through later on

Last edited:
Caporegime
Crashing patched yet?

Dying of laughter on our discord.
Last 3 missions

1 died on extraction pad, lost every single sample... Was actually hilarious.

2nd ctd on perfect run

3rd ctd on perfect run

Rage quit laughing....

Great game though...

Back
Top Bottom