Helldivers 2

Soldato
Nope the patch tomorrow apparently for updates with matchmaking and such. But expect it to be weeks of this kind of thing honestly. When you have over 20x expected traffic etc then it isn't a quick thing to just role out.

Caporegime
One of the reasons Halo was so successful was the combat loop. Weapons felt meaty and the feedback from headshots and grenade kills was dopamine. Each skirmish played out like a mini tactical battle.

This has nailed that feeling. I'd highly recommend playing with the dual sense controller. Haptic/vibration feedback adds to the immersion.

Same reason most games like this are successful, they don't take themselves too seriously, they are just fun, i think a lot of game developers have forgoten what fun even is.

Associate
Based on the retry timer I wouldn't be surprised if there was no queue system. Game is great but currently impossible to play, an only getting a chance to play in the morning at the weekend.

Great to see how popular it is but hope they can address capacity before things turn too negative.

Associate
This seems to be getting a lot of hype, are people finding it worth the £30 so far?

Steam reviews are sat at 'mixed', is that due to the technical issues?
Its basically almost 100% due to the technical issues.

I mean i'm dialling back on it a bit, ill fire it up when i get home and leave it retrying to get me in whilst i do other things. Once im in i'll check if the daily personal objective is doable for the 15 medal bonus. Either do that or maybe play a drop or two and then leave it there.

I binged a bit, got to level 20 before this really kicked off, and i recommend it, but not yet. Like you should get this game, But not until its resolved issues so you can actually log in and play.

Till that point i'm also going to play it less so i don't just end up with frustration trying and failing to play and then souring my currently positive opinion of the game.

Soldato
Hadn't bought a game in years, thought I would try this. Horrible experience, haven't been able to play co op with my brother and just now did a 30 minute single player mission and it crashed just as I was about to head to the extraction point.

This game reminds me why I don't purchase any new games anymore. I'm done with this crap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom