Helldivers 2

Soldato
Wow they really have capped the player limit I can't get on tonight :(
Yep, capped to 450K.

God knows how many of the player base is AFK though to keep their place in the game

Does it give you a status of where you are in the queue or are you just left guessing?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just left guessing. Poor really when you think the likes of palworld exploded without server issues
This is what has put me off buying the game.

I thought it came out at the end of last week but Steam said the release date was the 8/2/24.

Have these issues really been going on for nearly 2 weeks? (Thursday coming)

Makes it even worse if you have no idea where you are in the queue

Associate
Pretty disappointing and increasingly more frustrating this point, shame as I have been enjoying the game for what it is.

Have these issues really been going on for nearly 2 weeks? (Thursday coming)
I played at launch and over the first weekend and there were a few hiccups with disconnects and missing rewards every now and then, but it wasn't busted like it is now. It feels like it got to around midweek and went to pot as they started to try and address things. I've not really been able to get on since before this weekend just gone, and even then the matchmaking has been broken making it essentially unplayable.

One to come back to at this stage as my patience is waning and there's other things I want to play anyway.

Soldato
Pretty disappointing and increasingly more frustrating this point, shame as I have been enjoying the game for what it is.

I played at launch and over the first weekend and there were a few hiccups with disconnects and missing rewards every now and then, but it wasn't busted like it is now. It feels like it got to around midweek and went to pot as they started to try and address things. I've not really been able to get on since before this weekend just gone, and even then the matchmaking has been broken making it essentially unplayable.

One to come back to at this stage as my patience is waning and there's other things I want to play anyway.
What makes it worse you have bought a game you can no longer play because of their servers and capping the player count.

seems like after the weekend and positive reviews\YT etc started to appear more and more people have bought the gaming causing the server issues as they where not expecting this many users to be playing at once.

Soldato
I still get crahing with these drivers
I disabled screen space global illumination, bloom, antialiasing - still crashed.
Used low preset and somehow it's been rock solid since. Not sure which setting may be causing it but it's working. Not as pretty but insane framerate lol
I'm on driver Adrenaline version humbug linked and latest drivers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

This. My mate who's on PS5 had enough so when I got back in after a queue, just joined as a single player and the matchmaking worked completing a 4 man challenging first time. So it seems solo is OK but part parties definitely don't work as intended. It seems to have got worse the last handful of days so can understand the frustration.

Soldato
I think last night you had the game mode of Chanenging, @pete910 spoted it was on that mode after you left, apparently its really easy to togle the game mode and not notice, that's why we coudnt do it, Worzel put it on an easier game mode and we didn't get our areses handed to us with in 30 seconds.
Think we're just crap at it to be frank :cry:

Also get on discord!!!

Associate
Hit level20 tonight and now run around with the Railgun, much fun is had. :D

I've still not done a Hard mission yet but a lot of that is the people I've been playing with have been lower levels.

I've had success with joining on friends who are already in game but it can also freeze out on a blackscreen with the loading symbol stuck. No game crashes so far but there's been a couple times were at least one in the party are disconnected mid game. Where both sides are still in game as if nothing happened on their side and can continue playing. Rejoining on each other seems 50/50 if it'll work.

Associate
Even with all the problems, we are loving the game.

As others have said join through a friend through steam and you get in.

We are working are way through the levels and just breezed through on ' Extreme '. Done 1 level on Impossible, when I say done we would have done it but it crashed 30 secs before extraction - doh.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have given up.

Nearly at the two hour steam refund limit 'playing the game' (without ever actually been able to play the game because I'm stuck on a wait screen)

Decided to get my money back and return when things have improved on the server side.

I note even one of the developers was saying some people shouldn't buy the game yet!

Last edited:
Soldato
I have given up.

Nearly at the two hour steam refund limit 'playing the game' (without ever actually been able to play the game because I'm stuck on a wait screen)

Decided to get my money back and return when things have improved on the server side.

I note even one of the developers was saying some people shouldn't buy the game yet!

Imo it should be taken off sale until they can fix the server issues. It's not like you can even play offline/solo.

You wouldn't get away with it in many other industries

Associate
I've still not done a Hard mission yet but a lot of that is the people I've been playing with have been lower levels.
We did our first 'challenging' mission last night and it was insane. So intense, barely made it out and we couldn't even do any of the optional objectives. We also used about 6 reinforces right off the drop... 10/10 would do it all again.

Back
Top Bottom