Helldivers 2

Soldato
Not sure how players make sense of them since I've never seen these paths shown in game (and they seem counter-intuitive) but I came across this image of reddit showing we have to claim the other two planets in the sector before going back to the main one.

Triple Bot liberations to win.

For Liberty.
Would explain the 3 days to complete it in

Associate
For some reason Helldive difficulty just unlocked again, dunno what going on there as it was unlocked before and took about 10 Impossible missions to unlock again :s

Just rolled over 100% liberation again on Hellmire at the end of the mission I was on :s the planet lives up to its name mind.

EDIT: That's weird back on the main map it is showing 47% liberated...

I think it goes outwards based on distance from Super Earth.

That does explain it. Same as the bug one earlier in the week the actual in game logic looks off because liberating one planet should open up the path but yeah that does make sense.

Soldato
There needs to be some kind of report function in this game.

Playing a mission on hard for about 30 minutes, get to the end as the shuttle landing the guy (im guessing host) starts team killing everyone then just as the shuttle lands..."you were kicked"

Man of Honour
Yeah there is no shortage of griefers and time wasters :( though so far it has been more the exception than the rule. Kind of makes you despair for humanity in some ways if people's lives are so small that is what they have to do for kicks.

On a kind of related note dunno if this was a bug or the host cheating:

Also joined a game earlier with the timer stuck as well and 2 of the players were just instantly blapping everything which appeared on screen with the weapon rate of fire like 100x faster than normal. So much for Game Guard.

EDIT: And just had a mission fail with over a minute left on the timer and no other conditions, at least apparent ones, that might have failed it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
FFS though the amount of reload fails, stim fails, blah blah and whatever other random bugs tonight has been ridiculous, just had to quit out before I started raging... playing on Helldive really exposes them :(

Had about an hour where it was fine and the odd mission it was OK but the rest of the time the game was really crapping itself.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
And just had one great mission, and a good team, and the next mission I couldn't select stratagems properly at the ready up screen and have to quit the game FFS...

Soldato
It's like I've said before, the game does not value the time you invest in it. Partly by design. Partly because of bugs and server issues. Partly because of a failure to provide the necessary tools to police/avoid toxic behaviour such as players kicking other players right at the end of a mission for no good reason.

It's fine to make a game challenging and difficult, no problems with that. But when you expect players to fight out an intense mission for 30-45 minutes, only to disconnect them, or have the mission trashed by a bug or have another player kick you literally as the shuttle is landing (with absolutely zero consequences), well it's kind of hard to stomach. Unless they address this stuff swiftly I think the game will start to fizzle. Which would be a shame because there's a great game there, once they polish it up to the right standards.

Soldato
I'm not sure if I'm just incredibly lucky, but at Lvl27 and after 30 hours I've only had 2 CTD's which were fixed with verifiying game files - and I've never been kicked mid game, only when joining and still on the craft (and that's been very very rare). I've barely seen any toxicity either. Note, as I mentioned before, I did turn off crossplay so only playing with other PC people so I can recommend it to improve if you're seeing a lot of douchery.... maybe that also helps with the DC issues?

Associate
Quite a few bugs and crashes at the moment, I had a CTD when trying to throw a snowball, I was running solo as well.

Also the rocket automotrons, as you know my favourite enemy of all time are now spawning in rocks, and firing rockets out but you can’t hit them.

I had one hiding in big rock on the left on the nuclear launch pad at the right height of launching continuous missiles at the launch console. Had to get my friend to agro it while I did the combinations.

Soldato
Seems like they have released some new weapons.

There is the Las-99 and the MG-206

not had chance to try these out yet

Oh, picking up and throwing snowballs causes the game to crash! lol

IMYifXI.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Interesting one with the inputting keys for stratagems - seen quite a few people saying they can otherwise play the game but due to arthritis, RSI, some types of dyslexia, etc. that is a big problem for them and hence using macros or even voice commands. Maybe some just saying that to justify using macros, etc. I dunno but makes an interesting situation in respect to developer enforcement and/or how that affects people who don't use macros, etc. etc.

Personally something I've struggled with the last few days as I picked up COVID again last week and had a touch of fatigue/brain fog last few days and was fine playing the game but sometimes just completely blanking on the key presses for the stratagems.

Man of Honour
New weapons are bad, the laser cannon is ok but takes awhile to heat up to fire and cool down, the heavy machine gun is really bad, no ammo, no damage to heavys and you cant move while reloading which takes ages.

Yeah the HMG needs higher medium armour penetration really to make much of an impact - it tends to be another "tell me you don't know your own game, without telling me you don't know your own game" moment for the developers :s

Associate
Following the logic they seem to use for the primary weapon 'upgrades' the HMG probably has 5 points more damage than the LMG & double the drawbacks.

I'm addicted to the team play and stratagems aspects of the game, but the itemization progression is terrible.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Following the logic they seem to use for the primary weapon 'upgrades' the HMG probably has 5 points more damage than the LMG & double the drawbacks.

I'm addicted to the team play and stratagems aspects of the game, but the itemization progression is terrible.

I'm surprised to see so many people slate the AR-23P Liberator Penetrator mind - outside of dealing with heavies if you know how to use it, it is one of the most powerful weapons in the game. Albeit I'm not sure you can use it on console like you can on PC. (I find it more effective than the HMG).

EDIT: Though it can suck a bit dealing with Stalkers actually. Though generally I just find a lot of satisfaction slapping them with the autocannon anyhow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was there an update? Game is just randomly crashing for me now. God I love this game but hate it so much.

edirt - checking steam forums it's pretty obvious the recent update has screwed the game for a lot of people.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Still getting silly deaths now and again as my instincts with diving is how it works in other games like Hogwarts Legacy and The Division, etc. which I play quite a lot - just rolled myself into a titan and died rather than away from it :( albeit I think it was 50% the game being silly in that instance and 50% me.

Was there an update? Game is just randomly crashing for me now. God I love this game but hate it so much.

edirt - checking steam forums it's pretty obvious the recent update has screwed the game for a lot of people.

Aside from having a Game Guard file incorrectly installed with the .104 patch which seemed to be causing issues/crashes, which was sorted by validating files, I've so far not had any crashes since, so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom