Helldivers 2

Soldato
Interesting one with the inputting keys for stratagems - seen quite a few people saying they can otherwise play the game but due to arthritis, RSI, some types of dyslexia, etc. that is a big problem for them and hence using macros or even voice commands. Maybe some just saying that to justify using macros, etc. I dunno but makes an interesting situation in respect to developer enforcement and/or how that affects people who don't use macros, etc. etc.

Yep, I struggle with the stratagems and trying to rebind the keys to something more comfortable didn't seem to work (the game let me change the keybinds but then they didn't actually function).

But at least I did realise I don't have to hold down CTRL while inputting the directions, which makes things easier. I haven't tried macros because my keyboard doesn't have a driver which supports this.

But I really don't get why anyone should have to justify using a macro or voice command for this stuff. It's a 100% PVE game, so what does it matter? If someone is better at inputting stratagems thanks to a macro, then the whole team benefits.

Soldato
I have mine on hold as I like to be able to abort and back into action if the situation changes suddenly.

Yeah, that's the disadvantage of the way I have things set up, I sometimes find myself locked into the stratagems dialogue when I need to move in an emergency, then panic and forget to hit CTRL again. Same thing happens to me with the map.

But holding down CTRL at the same time as the direction keys kills my hands too much.

Man of Honour
FFS getting so fed up of the situations like bile titan looks at you about to spew, hammer dive, hammer dive, nothing then kind of start to dive and jerk into the path of the spew and die...

Meh had 2 good missions and now it is back to constantly crapping itself...

Last edited:
Associate
New weapons are bad, the laser cannon is ok but takes awhile to heat up to fire and cool down, the heavy machine gun is really bad, no ammo, no damage to heavys and you cant move while reloading which takes ages.
The laser cannon (Quasar) is an absolute beast, you just have to learn it's playstyle but i agree the HMG is atrocious and quite frankly the devs need to wonder why they added it in the first place.

Man of Honour
and quite frankly the devs need to wonder why they added it in the first place.

I feel like there are 2 different lots of developers on this game, some who as just pushing out least effort tat like a mobile game, so just throwing things in which sound cool with little care as to if they actually deliver, and others who are actually engaged with the game and developing with a passion for it.

Soldato
I feel like there are 2 different lots of developers on this game, some who as just pushing out least effort tat like a mobile game, so just throwing things in which sound cool with little care as to if they actually deliver, and others who are actually engaged with the game and developing with a passion for it.

They seem to want to keep pushing new weapons into the game before they have properly fixed and balanced the existing weapons. There's already a decent selection of weapons, but outside of a small handful of reasonable ones, almost all the rest have issues which make them sub par or outright useless (ahem, Diligence).

Use stragems and support weapons, they say, the game is not really about primary weapons. Fine. Perhaps then they might like to make that possible by balancing the support weapons properly (too many are very niche use), not having certain support weapons crash the game, and not strangling the fun out of harder difficulties with planetary modifiers that nerf stratagems.

I don't the game has a coherent direction of travel, at least not yet.

Man of Honour
Just getting far too many total BS deaths tonight :( I dunno how the game can work fine one moment and then just fall apart so much another running what should be the same code.

Also took out a team mate with a 500Kg - dropped it on an objective and watched it suddenly slide 90 degrees in the air, kind of like when the hellpods move away from terrain, land by them, but to them it looked like it was still where I intended to drop it so they didn't try and avoid it...

EDIT: Last few rounds with randoms - they've been using recon armour and the game basically turns into me running around the whole time chased by 5 bile titans, 10 chargers, etc. unable to get a break to reload while they do the objectives :( and no sooner have I got a few air strikes in to clear off the stuff chasing me they've activated more stuff when also chases me LOL.

Last edited:
Associate
They seem to want to keep pushing new weapons into the game before they have properly fixed and balanced the existing weapons. There's already a decent selection of weapons, but outside of a small handful of reasonable ones, almost all the rest have issues which make them sub par or outright useless (ahem, Diligence).

Use stragems and support weapons, they say, the game is not really about primary weapons. Fine. Perhaps then they might like to make that possible by balancing the support weapons properly (too many are very niche use), not having certain support weapons crash the game, and not strangling the fun out of harder difficulties with planetary modifiers that nerf stratagems.

I don't the game has a coherent direction of travel, at least not yet.
They have a better interaction with the player base than most. They also clearly have a release schedule even if things are still broken

Soldato
The crashing and loosing connection is really starting to annoy me!

Tried to play 2 games this morning and its crashed both times

so much time wasted as failed to extract and unable to re join the groups

Last edited:
Soldato
You need both the autocannon and the backpack which drops with it (not the supply backpack). You don't need a team reload, that just avoids the downtime on reloading.

Ahhhhhh that is what I was doing wrong, I had the supply backpack.

Ok I'll keep an eye out for the autocannon backpack, assumes it just drops with the autocannon?

Soldato
It can hold 10 rounds, split in to strips of 5. You can only reload if you’ve fired at least 5 rounds. If you reload when it’s completely empty, you have to load it, chamber the gun, then load the second magazine - takes about 3x longer than just reloading every 5 - 9 rounds.

Man of Honour
Something I didn't realise - critical parts of a monster have a separate health pool - so if you shoot the main part of a monster down to almost dead, it will still take the same number of shots against a critical part to kill them as if they had full health - hence why sometimes it seems like a monster just won't die.

Man of Honour
FS this game breaks so badly at times - just had a charger which I could not avoid - no matter how much I ran and dived it would always connect with me even if it missed visually and/or should have missed, so I was constantly rag dolling into groups of smaller enemy and couldn't do anything really... not to mention so many stim and reload fails.

Soldato
FS this game breaks so badly at times - just had a charger which I could not avoid - no matter how much I ran and dived it would always connect with me even if it missed visually and/or should have missed, so I was constantly rag dolling into groups of smaller enemy and couldn't do anything really... not to mention so many stim and reload fails.
Tell me about it.

Running the DX11 launch option and had the game crash twice this morning in both missions towards the end.

I also spawned in to a dead charger and was stuck until the corpse de spawned.

I am still enjoying the game but the crashes and loosing out on medals\XP is starting to get really annoying as its a waste of time playing.

No option to re join the last group unless the person is on your friends list as using the recently played just allows you to add\block\friends request

Back
Top Bottom