Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
It’s great that you can use equipment that you haven’t unlocked. Was playing with someone who gave me some kind of primary and secondary beam weapons, they were great. Going to unlock that flying robot thing soon, that’s saved my bacon a few times. Probably the auto canon too.

Soldato
It’s great that you can use equipment that you haven’t unlocked. Was playing with someone who gave me some kind of primary and secondary beam weapons, they were great. Going to unlock that flying robot thing soon, that’s saved my bacon a few times. Probably the auto canon too.
aye, the guard dog is a proper life saver though i've replaced it at higher levels with the personal shield generator. just to note in case you hadn't twigged, you'll not be able to run the auto cannon with the guard dog (or shield) as you need you need that space for the ammo backpack that comes with the autocannon - but it's a bloody fun weapon

Man of Honour
aye, the guard dog is a proper life saver though i've replaced it at higher levels with the personal shield generator. just to note in case you hadn't twigged, you'll not be able to run the auto cannon with the guard dog (or shield) as you need you need that space for the ammo backpack that comes with the autocannon - but it's a bloody fun weapon

Final unlocked the guard dog, so handy. Also good at alerting you to enemies behind you. Yes, realised that today. Need to upgrade my sentry, perhaps when I level up to get a better one.

Loving the Sickle!

And the laser guard dog now has a permanent spot in my loadout :)

Someone threw me a sickle today, it’s a great gun.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
How do you drop a primary weapon (short of dying and leaving it on your corpse:)

Think default key on PC is X for dropping current inventory items, you can also just call down the support stratagem again when its timer is up so someone else can grab it - if not on comms mark it and other players will get the idea usually. I usually try and drop some extra stuff around the extraction point in passing if possible as then you've got a bit of kit around in case stuff gets hot near the end and usually the timer has cooled down again by the time you might need it again mid mission.

Man of Honour
Well that was a good start... we started the mission, there was a charger and a few smaller bugs nearby, within seconds 3 more chargers just appeared out of I dunno where and then 2 bile titans just appeared out of thin air on top of us...

Second game AI director just going nuts as well with monsters constantly spawning out of thin air, then the game crashed...

EDIT: Last game of the night was a good one for a wonder, but first hour was a waste.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s great that you can use equipment that you haven’t unlocked.

Picked up a flame thrower over the weekend. Was ace until I cooked myself. :)

Is this a jump in for an hour type of game or blink and 3 hours have gone by?

I tend to play in short bursts. Hour or so here and there. Had a spare hour yesterday so did a few missions. Had a great ICBM launch map with 4 of us on Level 5/6. Got a bit sketcky at times but we all managed to evac :)

Soldato
I tend to play in short bursts. Hour or so here and there. Had a spare hour yesterday so did a few missions. Had a great ICBM launch map with 4 of us on Level 5/6. Got a bit sketcky at times but we all managed to evac :)
Its great for being able to jump on and off when you have the time.

I sometimes jump on during the day when I know everyone else is doing their own thing

Man of Honour
Is this fun to play as a duo? Or do we need randoms on the team too?

Depends on skill levels involved and/or difficulty level played. Generally more fun with 3-4 though.

As with all the other millions of questions how is this as a newb playing solo? Frustrating or ok do jump in and not be a complete liability to those playing since release?

Game forces you to play through a few missions to unlock higher difficulties as you go so shouldn't have too much problem with being a liability. Solo is a fairly steep learning curve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom