• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help for long time existing customer but new to forums

Associate
Hi, I have a long purchase history with Overclockers, going back ten years and have brought a lot of stuff on my account. I didn’t realise but the forums accounts seem to be a separate entity to the main Overclockers account, which means despite my history, I’m am seen as a new member to Overclockers as far as the forums go, which then limits me to be able to get involved in Overclockers new graphics card voucher scheme.

Can anything be done about this? I mean I’ve spent thousands with Overclockers over the years?

thanks, sorry if it’s a big of a newb question

Associate
OP
Arh ok, not just me then! Seems daft. I’ll look for this gibbo thread, thanks for commenting

Yeh I could rack up 50 posts quickly, but then I read that they will be looking out for people doing exactly that and will block them, so I cant just do 50 posts or I’ll come across as a scalper just trying to access the codes. So I don’t know what to do really

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
No I get they’re trying to do something, it’s just frustrating. As soon as I stumbled on this I thought yes I’ve been with these guys for years and then oh nope you don’t count as you weren’t in the forums, and your like what are you serious? That’s what they value? Not my custom for over a decade. Big sigh. Just frustrating. This whole gpu situation really gets on my ****

Associate
OP
Well it’s a difficult one isn’t it. I’m use to having a single log in to forums of retail websites but these guys as I’ve found out operate them completely independently from each other. So I don’t know if they actually can somehow link history from one to the other, obviously only they would know that. I’d assume they could but it would probably require a lot of back end work and money, which I doubt is something they’d really want to do.

All I can do is just try and get involved with a few posts, start talking to people and get my posts up, and obviously hope they don’t assume I’m some sort of scalper and block me for the relatively quick build up of posts. So frustrating. I mean you go on eBay now and there’s like 300 3080s on there, 300! Not even including the 3070s or anything, just the bog standard 3080! The government really need to try and do something about these bloody scalpers

Associate
OP
Well yeh obviously lol, but that can easily fall into an individual’s interpretation. Someone could say I’m trying to be active and post relevant posts to threads to get 50 posts and look at my posts and see they are genuine integration, regardless of intention as they were all relative posts.. Someone else could say well they may have been genuine and relevant posts but knowing you only got active to obtain 50 posts is still classed as spamming in that persons eyes. So no It isn’t that straight forward pal

Associate
OP
They are doing what they can to help. Just because they can't help everybody, it doesn't mean they shouldn't help somebody.
Oh I get they’re trying to do something, I think it’s a brilliant idea. But at the same time, it’s very easy to have that narrow minded view when your on the other side of the fence pal

Associate
OP
It's certainly better than complaining about it.
Well yep that’s exactly what I’m doing, I’m getting involved in some of these discussions and obviously hope I don’t get flagged for spamming which is the opposite of what I’m doing. I just started this thread to see if that really was how it was. Unfortunately and frustratingly that seems to be the way, so I’ll see how I get on with some of these threads

It's not a "narrow minded view", it's the pragmatic facts. They tried doing it publicly, and it didn't work, with bots and codes spread all over the internet within minutes, so customers wouldn't have been able to get cards anyway. This way at least forum members (who this was aimed at) got some benefit while OCUK investigate what other anti-scalper systems they can implement.
I never meant to put the phrase narrow minded bud, iPad auto thing. Obviously I assume you can see why it would be frustrating for someone that’s spent thousands with them over a decade but then is excluded from there voucher plan scheme

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Yawn, see various other threads where this is discussed
I'm sure it is. I've got access to those deals, but I'm not in the market for that hardware. That doesn't mean I feel hard done by, or that I've been excluded because the hardware I want isn't on offer, even though I have also "spent thousands with them over a decade". It is what it is, and I'm actually pleased that some people on the forums are getting the opportunity to buy what they want at this bonkers time, and those cards haven't gone to scalpers or miners.
well if you’re got access to those deals I’m not sure why you would feel hard done by? I haven’t and I am in the market for that hardware. So obviously I’m going to feel very differently. But your right it’s brilliant what they’ve been trying to do, I just hope they find a way of including genuine long time customers who might not have been so active on the forums. I wish other company’s would try thing like Overclockers have, instead of just selling the cards at scalper prices. One can dream :D

Associate
OP
It's not nonsense but you do need to have time to do it, Telegram alerts are what he's on about. You can get them using those and they've started appearing more frequently recently. Granted, you need to jump on as soon as the alert pops up and if, like me, you work, then that isn't always possible.

But you do come across as being a little bitter and entitled, calling out what he said as "nonsense" when you clearly haven't tried hard enough to source a card. Yes, you shouldn't have to go to these lengths but that's just the way it is right now. Unless you yourself have a way of easing the global GPU shortage, I'd quit complaining. I like you would like to purchase a 30 series card, but as I say, I work and often miss the Telegram alerts and voucher codes.

Luckily I have a life outside of buying a graphics card..

It is nonsense. How would you know what lengths I’ve gone to over the last 4 months to try and acquire a 3080? I’m on about every stock alert going from Twitter to discord and all the others. I’ve had guesstimating less than 100 pings for 3080 stock alerts. I’ve had them linked my phone, my iPad and about every other device I could. I made myself available to jump on most of those pings. This being quite challenging as I too have an extremely busy life outside of trying to buy a graphics cards with many responsibilities, probably more than you given iq if your response. So don’t assume I’m some child moaning.

Saying that I’m not going to ignore small minded reactionary comments suggesting it’s even remotely easy to pick up an fe card with a little effort.

I started this thread simply asking the community a question, a question that wasn’t clear while trawling through countless threads, again I have an extremely demanding life outside of this stuff. I’m not going to apologies for that and certainly not to you, who ironically sounds like they need to come down off that high horse of yours.

Associate
OP
Oh dear, life without a new graphics card is proving quite challenging isn't it?

No, despite you having some of the traits, I didn't think you were a child. I expected you to be around 34-35. I'm 51 myself, so a bit older.

Fantastic sob story above though, full marks. I'll let you get back to your demanding life :D :cry:
You know what, I was taught to respect your elders, so I’ll do exactly that. Thanks for your comment

Associate
OP
Pretty much in the same boat. I'm a long time lurker and customer to the store. 50 posts is nothing in fairness and there is lots of information and interesting topics (if your into that sort of thing).
Yeh it’s not really. I’ve been
Sounds like you were brought up extremely well. Maybe my aging years mean I have a different look on all this to someone of a different generation. But some people on here take the entitlement to a new level. That said, I expected a more confrontational response than the one you gave. And the one you gave tells me that actually, you're most likely an alright guy who has maybe got caught up in the massive amounts of FOMO going around right now.

I'm like you, I'd like a 30 series card. But for various reasons it isn't happening easily and again, like you, I have a busy life so I can't be sat on Telegram all day waiting for it to ping, I have plenty of other **** to be getting on with. It is what it is for you and me, we both have to be extremely lucky to get a new card right now.

That said, I hope OCUK do something for non-MM members too and someone like you can get a card. But that's much more difficult to control being leaked out, which they've discovered already.
Thanks, I believe I was. Dont get me wrong I’ve got no kind of entitlement feeling, it’s just a frustrating situation. It’s not the fault of OCUK and I’m glad there actually trying to do something about it. You know, I’ve got two sets of young twins, so full on family life and work and I work out and everything else. I’m self employed and rely on a computer at home. I made the mistake of selling my old gpu 4/5 months ago something like that, thinking surely within a month or two being on every alert under the sun, put the effort in and you’ll get a gpu and it just hasn’t happened. So I’m using a old computer at the moment and working on it is just a bloody nightmare. I’ve got £1.5k put aside for a replacement gpu and it’s just not happening, but I won’t go and buy something less than what I need and waste money to replace it later. You see, I use blender and digital art programs to build renders/assets etc so a high end gpu is used for work purposes as appose to playing games, although I do if and when I get the time and I’m not knackered.

I just wish the government would do something about these scalping bots. I mean there’s hundreds on 3080s on eBay literally hundreds.

Associate
OP
I’m pleased to say I picked up a 3080 ti last night. Extremely happy. Yes I paid over the odds for it and no it’s no the most desirable one, in fact I’m guessing it’s probably the least desirable one going, but I needed it and now I have it.

Its a palit gaming pro 3080 ti. I paid 1500 for it new. Feel free to bash me but I needed it and weren’t wiling to spend more than 1500 on the one I really wanted which was a gigabyte vision, but they were going for 1800-2000 on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom