• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help for long time existing customer but new to forums

Associate
Thanks, I didn't know that. Now it's linked what gonna happen?

Nothing as you don't have 1000 posts :cry:

Me either :cry:

Edit: I thought it was 1000 but I've just read the following:

• OcUK Forums members who have 250 or more posts and have been registered for over 90 days, or
  • OcUK Forums members who have been registered for over 12 months and made at least 100 posts
So actually I should get free shipping, great news!

Man of Honour
So you think if somebody is working every day from morning to evening and after when I come home I have no time to chat with others, I don't deserve to buy a graphics card?
I understand your frustration, but you're coming at this from an angle that appears disingenuous.

No one deserves anything... This isn't about being entitled, it's about a shop doing something for their own community membership. Don't like it? Don't play the game! You are not being forced to enter in to a contract with any company, you are completely free to not engage with this deal. Sorry if that comes across as blunt, but it's just the reality of the matter.

Associate
So you think if somebody is working every day from morning to evening and after when I come home I have no time to chat with others, I don't deserve to buy a graphics card?
I think it's important to remember that no one is saying you don't deserve a graphics card and I'm sorry if you feel that way but it's simply that you or I don't qualify for the discount promotion that is available. In the same instance that I wouldn't qualify for a new customers promotion with a bank or an ISP that I was already a customer of. It is frustrating but there are many members who have obviously been available to receive and have been greatly appreciative of this discount promotion.

Associate
Maybe a different perspective but as one of the newer members after only hearing about the forum when calling to enquire about the pricing of the 3070s online, I think it's a great implementation of an innovative system to allow genuine users to get hands-on GPUs at MRSP. The simple fact that 3070s were still available several hours after being put online is remarkable in this current market.

Yes it is frustrating for those who weren't aware of the MM or even the forum itself, but it is refreshing to actually see a group of people being able to get GPUs without these being immediately snatched up by bots or scalpers.

I did the exact same as you and didn’t know about the MM etc or post limit.

As disappointing as it is that I can’t get the code due to the rules, I’m glad the cards are going to those who are going to use them as intended, and not for profit. As some of the moderators here have said, if those cards are found on eBay the perpetrator is banned.

It may not be perfect, but it’s the best OCUK can do and I respect them for doing their best to get GPUs into the hands of those who deserve them.

Associate
It would be great if all of us gamers - let's be honest we all have something in common and love to play games and using our PCs, it's a bit unfair for people to have to wait over a year to buy a graphics card - unless they want to pay 3x+ RRP.

It's no ones fault, supply and demand but a combination of factors. I however won't be paying scalper prices or inflated prices.

I look at a deal below RRP as a good deal, understood I'm living in cookoo land currently but it's the way it used to be not too long ago... I'd be happy with RRP of course as would millions of others.

Associate
I think it's a great thing for O/C to do - yes I've been purchasing many things from here for 11+ years (even the odd drive out to the premises to collect for urgent stuff... see mobo/cpu replacement), but I'm not active on the forums. Hey ho. A competitor will likely get my money on a bundle offer, but that's just how it is.

That said, I'm really impressed with the way that historic 3080 orders are being handled, even at losses - that's a business really supporting customers. It's not a charity! Premises need to be paid for, stock needs to be paid for, staff need to be paid for. The sense of entitlement some posters are displaying... honestly, get over yourselves. Life is not fair, is not equal - suck it up and deal with it.

Associate
I did the exact same as you and didn’t know about the MM etc or post limit.

As disappointing as it is that I can’t get the code due to the rules, I’m glad the cards are going to those who are going to use them as intended, and not for profit. As some of the moderators here have said, if those cards are found on eBay the perpetrator is banned.

It may not be perfect, but it’s the best OCUK can do and I respect them for doing their best to get GPUs into the hands of those who deserve them.
Absolutely agree Alister. Hopefully the demand in the market will lessen in the future/supply levels increased and GPUs will become more readily available.

Associate
I understand your frustration, but you're coming at this from an angle that appears disingenuous.

No one deserves anything... This isn't about being entitled, it's about a shop doing something for their own community membership. Don't like it? Don't play the game! You are not being forced to enter in to a contract with any company, you are completely free to not engage with this deal. Sorry if that comes across as blunt, but it's just the reality of the matter.
that's what I said first. It's not enough to be an OCUK costumer in the past and spend thousands of pounds here, you must to have time for chat and make posts to buy a graphics card around MSRP price.

Associate
I'm in exactly the same boat as this chap, and feel like a cheesy POS for creating an account and starting to get involved with purely selfish intentions (insofar as just wanting to buy a product at a reasonable price is selfish..). So here I am, getting involved.

Soldato

Queue Eff Tee.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Not via a voucher code on OCUK intended for loyal forum members, no.

Permabanned
A 1000 posts is a hell of a lot though. Quality over quantity. Not bashing long time members with 1000+ posts but with the likes of Reddit and Facebook these days there are a lot of places to discuss computers and related items.

This sort of thing tends to encourage lots of "pointless" posts to get a count up, guilty of it myself many years ago on different forums too for things like this.

Would you rather see 250 quality posts related to the discussion - helpful even or 1000 sh&&post memes?

Ok memes are fun, but still.

It rewards loyalty. If you could hit that post count in 2 days it would be meaningless. Its not meant to be stupid easy or what would be the point. Again, this is a reward and new members are not going to be able to jump straight in as you have no loyalty to reward.

Permabanned

No ones saying you can't buy a card but the strictly limited amount here , as a reward to loyalty is offered to forum members. You can't expect to be rewarded for loyalty when your post count consists of asking about post counts.

Associate
that's what I said first. It's not enough to be an OCUK costumer in the past and spend thousands of pounds here, you must to have time for chat and make posts to buy a graphics card around MSRP price.

go buy a founders edition card if you want one for msrp. its not like they are hard to get..

Permabanned
I think you missed the point of my post.

Thought I understood it. The 1000 post part is meant to show trust as that's what's required to buy and sell stuff on the MM. OCUk want it to be somewhere that people are not scammed and you can buy and sell with confidence that the person you are buying from has proven they are not just a burner account and will cut and run when they have your money. It works. The people on there have been active for ages and as such you know what you are buying and there is accountability.

Soldato
You think nobody on these boards don't have jobs or something? Come off it...you just cba to engage with the board and thats fine. You had better things to do etc etc... dont get upity when the rules set dont suit.

Back
Top Bottom