Help needed - New SFF quiet build

Soldato
OP
All my bits arrived today and I've built it and installed Win 10.

Build went very well, very happy with everything. I no longer bash a huge case with my knee.

I didn't need the Phanteks extension cables, everything reached without them.

So far the only thing I changed in the BIOS (after updating) was to set the RAM to 3600. Do I need to change anything else to do with the CPU or am I ok to leave it all at Auto/default settings?

I tweaked the fan profile but it's still a little louder than I would like, I need to work out which fan is causing the noise.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
All my bits arrived today and I've built it and installed Win 10.

Build went very well, very happy with everything. I no longer bash a huge case with my knee.

I didn't need the Phanteks extension cables, everything reached without them.

So far the only thing I changed in the BIOS (after updating) was to set the RAM to 3600. Do I need to change anything else to do with the CPU or am I ok to leave it all at Auto/default settings?

I tweaked the fan profile but it's still a little louder than I would like, I need to work out which fan is causing the noise.

Good stuff. I guess I should have said you don't need the extension cables if you route the cables inside the main chassis instead of going through the top section and round the back section to keep things tidy.

Soldato
OP
Good stuff. I guess I should have said you don't need the extension cables if you route the cables inside the main chassis instead of going through the top section and round the back section to keep things tidy.

I decided to use the 24pin, it does look better with it routed behind.

I've sorted my noise too, it was because I have a fan in the pump header and it was running flat out, now I've fixed that and sorted the fan profiles I'm really happy.

Back
Top Bottom