• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help Needed: Skynet CPU challenge

You can really help, it's going to be close in the end so whatever you have could make the difference, it's a bit of fun but would be great for this community to win it. :)

this challenge ends in 6 days but there is other parts of distributed computing that we all do, when this challenge ends most of us swing back to folding@home which researches cancer / parkinsons ect

see this part of the forum.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=39

edit - I see you have a 270x , you could also join the folding team with that GPU as gpus are really good at running folding :D

well if someone can give me updates on this stuff I will chip in :) ( as in a pm )

im on my pc most days so anything that runs in the backround is fine . pc is on for a good 4 or 5 hours when im in house even when im not using it. Plugged into my tv so I swap back and forth.

Laptops and mobile phones are something I would advise doesnt crunch due to the heat build-up. :o

Not a concern for me, my laptop's temps are sitting at around 55ºC (actually not that surprising given the CPU's only about 15W), what's more surprising is the fan is apparently on about 3000rpm but it's basically inaudible :p
BOINC for Android stops when battery temperature exceeds 40ºC (configurable in settings) so again not an issue :)

Not a concern for me, my laptop's temps are sitting at around 55ºC (actually not that surprising given the CPU's only about 15W), what's more surprising is the fan is apparently on about 3000rpm but it's basically inaudible :p
BOINC for Android stops when battery temperature exceeds 40ºC (configurable in settings) so again not an issue :)

Just advice miniyazz. ;)

You don't have to heed it!

Back
Top Bottom