1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with 960evo ssd

Discussion in 'Storage Drives' started by Sam Moore, Sep 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sam Moore

Associate

Bought a 960evo m.2 ssd, and can't get it to show up anywhere, done a bios update and changed settings in bios to ahci mode and still doesn't show up, any help much appreciated
    Mb is a medion B250H4-EM

2. Jamin280672

Hitman

First of all check that it's in the slot properly, fully inserted, even slightly out will cause this problem.

Are you sure the mortherboad supports M.2 pci-e SSD otherwise known as nvme drives, which is what you have purchased, or does it only support M.2 SSD just a regular SSD in a much smaller format ?

Can't find much info on that board at all, you may have to refer to the instruction manual.

3. Sam Moore

Associate

I found another slot hidden behind my Gpu, put it in that one and everything worked fine, used samsung data migration and now running from the m.2. Massive improvement from my HDD best upgrade yet

4. BluD

Mobster

Is samsung data migration free and easy to use Sam? I have a 960 on the way to replace my 840pro but i've never migrated an OS before, ive always just reinstalled and overwritten the User folder after for all the app and game data.

5. Distracted

Associate

First time i installed my m.2 960 evo i had the same issue. Only when i tried to reseat it did i realise it wasnt fully in. :rolleyes:

One satisfying shove later and all was good.