** HERE COME ASUS WITH THEIR 4K 28" OFFERING!! **

Soldato
i recieved this monitor today and all seems great while its running....

the problem is when it goes to sleep i cant get it back on again, it seems to not detect the signal
I changed the port on the GPU and it would come back alive but in 1024x768 rez and id have to reboot to get it back normal

im running a 295x2 and a 290x on a 1.2 mini DP > DP cable that cost me 30 notes!
any suggestions?
What is going to sleep the pc or the monitor if it's the pc change your power settings if it's the monitor disable the timer through the osd :)

Associate
Other than turning off the monitor and turning it back on I don't think there is a solution for that. I had the same issue and think that few other people have mentioned it not waking up from sleep properly. Tbh it wasn't that big an issue for me as I tended to turn off the monitor when I wasn't using it.

Man of Honour
It's the monitor .. In fact the PC made a sound like a USB device had been unplugged then the monitor went to sleep

Yeah the AOC and I'm guessing the other 4K monitors on the same panel seem to have some built in power saving mode that causes some issues :|

Associate
Other than turning off the monitor and turning it back on I don't think there is a solution for that. I had the same issue and think that few other people have mentioned it not waking up from sleep properly. Tbh it wasn't that big an issue for me as I tended to turn off the monitor when I wasn't using it.

This does seem to fix it:
-Turn off monitor
-Let computer go to sleep
-Wake up computer (give it a few seconds to make sure it's on)
-Turn on screen

Associate
This does seem to fix it:
-Turn off monitor
-Let computer go to sleep
-Wake up computer (give it a few seconds to make sure it's on)
-Turn on screen

Do you mean backlight bleed?

Getting mine picked up tomorrow as I keep getting the black screen issue and not happy with the backlight bleed.

Actually I think it's a mixture of a very small amount of blacklight bleed and colour shifts from viewing angles. I tend to run a web browser in the top 1/4 of the screen. This means that the left hand side of the page is at the extreme left of the monitor and the right hand side is in the dead centre, the colour shift is very noticable. With the slight shift due to backlight bleed (honestly It's barely noticeable even on a dark background) coupled with the fact that colours at the top and sides look lighter when my head is positioned in the centre of the screen, the colour shift is very obvious. However, if I move my head to look at the middle of the top 1/4 the colour shift isn't there... so i think it's just a TN limitation unfortunately.

edit: whoops, thought I had edited my previous post rather than quoting it!

Last edited:
Associate
Oldish thread but here's my findings on the "flicker" issue after a couple of weeks:

1) For me it only ever happened after the screen had been turned off by the OS for power savings
2) Sometimes the screen would turn on and flicker occasionally afterwards, other times it would not turn back on at all.

However, preventing the screen being sent to sleep mode and just turning it off with the power button has completely removed all these issues for me. It's not ideal but it's something I can live with.

As best I can tell: If the monitor never goes into sleep mode, there is never an issue with it. However, once the issue appears it's there until the computer is rebooted. By never letting the monitor get put into power saving mode, the issue never arises.

Back
Top Bottom