1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Herman Miller Aeron - Questions

Discussion in 'Gaming Chairs' started by madindehead, Dec 9, 2016.

1. madindehead

Mobster

Wow. What an insane bargain! Don't suppose you want to get ride of the other one do you? Or PM me the seller? haha

2. Scramz

Wise Guy

He had 4 but already sold 2 otherwise I would of grabbed them, seems like a one off. You can find some bargains on eBay for new ones for good prices because there is so many on there for sale.

Sorry, I gave the other one to the boss (Girlfriend).

3. SimonR

Hitman

+1 Aeron user here. Best professional office chair I have ever used.

4. rIcK

Wise Guy

I just purchased a Steelcase Please V2 for £125 ish off Ebay, today it arrived but is actually an older Herman Miller Aeron. I am not sure what to think, it is good value but not the chair I ordered. I am not entirely sure I like the feel of it and I do worry the front lip digging in to my legs.

5. Hades

Capodecina

£125 for a Herman Miller Aeron is an incredible price (obviously depending on the condition). I guess you need to decide whether to (1) tell the company, (2) Use it if it's comfortable, (3) Sell it for a profit with the risk that the company will want it back.

6. Yaka

Mobster

double check if its not a "refurb" some sellers replace the worn parts with parts that are not from herman miller. i have seen a few with plastic wheel bases that snap in next to no time

7. styuR

Associate

I've found as well with the Aeron that I slouch in it a lot, I use it daily in the office.
    I've never felt fatigued whilst in the chair mind you, but I don't know if I'd have it in the house, prefer higher backed chairs.

8. Hades

Capodecina

I do that on my Aeron at work. I keep sliding down it until I'm laying at a 45 degree angle :)

9. mulpsmebeauty

Mobster

On the Mirra 2 there’s a lever underneath the lip to adjust it up or down. Not sure if the Aeron has one but worth checking.

10. ExRayTed

Underboss

Just taken delivery of a new Mirra 2. Took about 4 weeks to arrive but wow, easily the best chair I've owned. I've got osteoarthritis and 2 herniated discs which cause problems from time to time. This chair puts me in the correct posture and supports my lower back properly. It isn't a chair to lounge in, despite the excellent recline feature so if you're looking for a heavily cushioned seat look elsewhere. For me it's hugely comfortable (once I adjusted it properly) and I've sat in it for 8 hours without any sign of back ache - a first for me.