HGV Sideswipes car on the M1, caught on camera..

Caporegime
I'd doubt a copper would pull a HGV for passing a MLM that is doing 50mph in the middle lane of the motoway, they should be pulling the MLM for causing the issue in the first place.

MLMs don't bother me any more, just means I have the inside lane to myself.

Soldato
So if the lorry is in the left hand lane, and this twonk is in the middle lane, he can pass legally on the left as he's maintained his position? That's where the difference in changing lanes to undertake comes in, and where the legal boundary is?

Thats my understanding, although quite happy to be corrected. If you intentionally move into the left lane in order to pass then its undertaking. If you just proceed on your course and happen to pass someone who's sitting in the middle lane, it's not an undertaking. Although I imagine if there was an accident it may be considered dangerous driving/driving without due care etc.

Caporegime
OP
So if the lorry is in the left hand lane, and this twonk is in the middle lane, he can pass legally on the left as he's maintained his position? That's where the difference in changing lanes to undertake comes in, and where the legal boundary is?

The trucker should have either hung back and waited (chances are he's paid by the hour) or indeed passed on the inside, assuming he was in the nearside lane to start with when he encountered this tool.

Its what I would have done in this situation and indeed have done many times before in both HGV and my car.

I hope we get some follow up on this story and indeed the Police look into this car driving clown who from his youtube video's seems to think he's some self styled road vigilante who goes out of his way to create "incidents" to drum up business.

Bit more to this muppet than I first thought....

http://www.mattstockdale.com/

Matt Stockdale - Former Independent Police and Crime Commissioner Candidate for Northamptonshire and business adviser.

As a huge believer of fate, I believe that ‘what goes around - comes around’

I sincerely hope he's ruffled a few feathers with the Northamptonshire Police in his time and now gets what he believes in..... :p

Last edited:
Soldato
This is doing the rounds and every forum is saying pretty much the same thing...

looking on the BBC link, the damage to his car is remarkably minor given he didn't move when the truck hit him.
Remarkably convenient too... apparently that is £3,000 worth of damage to the car!!!
Also, no mention of any actual injuries or real danger to the driver on the DashCam website... Forget about your life: It's all about the money claim and taking other drivers to court.

He's an agency driver though, whilst he won't be allowed back at Wincanton Logistics (rightly!) I promise you he won't be out of work for long until or if the Police prosecute him at least.
I'm pretty sure he'll go back to his regular job, working for Mr DashCam, there...

I tried to put myself in that position but the fact is, at that time of night and on that road there is no way that any HGV would be approaching me at the speed that HGV was approaching that driver, regardless of what car I was driving. He must have been doing what 55 to 60?
I would have guessed around 60, putting the car around 40 as it drives along with hazards on and an empty left lane.

Look at the timestamps of the Videos, this dashcam warrior overtakes the truck and puts himself in EXACTLY the same situation. Clearly the actions of someone that was fearing for their life :rolleyes:
So "in fear" and "shaking uncontrollably" that he..... followed his "attacker" all the way back to the depot, around 35 miles to Dunstable...!!

I call BS Marketing Set-Up on this one!
I'm not big on conspiracies, but I reckon the trucker is in on it, being one of DashCam's own employees who got a job with any old trucking company through an agency and got paid by his real boss to quite-gently slam his car a few times and prove once and for all why everyone needs fifteen DashCams™ on their vehicle!!!

Associate
The dashcam driver is a helmet and needs to be removed from the road for a very long time. He will get someone killed if he keeps driving like that. The lorry driver should not have bitten however and will now lose his livelihood due to the actions of the simpleton driving the car.

I hope the court sees right through his ploy and give the dashcam driver jail for his actions.

Associate
Would love to see the full unedited clip of how long he had to **** off that lorry driver before he decided to overtake him.

What is hilarious is the video has been 'carefully' trimmed to make it look like the lorry driver is at fault, but it still blatantly shows the dashcam driver to be at fault to anyone with half a brain!

Soldato
Any one else find it somewhat amusing that he doesn't even use one of his company's own cameras?

Utter tool - both drivers need prosecuting and licenses removing.

Associate
Nothing will happen to the driver of the car, who sat in the middle lane. The HGV moved over to the middle lane, to prompt an overtake so he didn't undertake but the car driver still did not move over to the left lane.

Hats off to the HGV driver, he took one for the team.

"I honestly thought I was going to die," he wrote in a police statement.

"My life literally rushed before my eyes. Whilst that sounds dramatic, I can honestly say I have never felt fear like it. I began shaking uncontrollably."

So if that was the case, why not move over to the left lane and slow down so that the lorry could pull in? Because he chose not to, he wanted to continue on thinking he owns the road. I back the lorry driver here.

Associate
I couldnt help but notice the comments re undertaking / overtaking etc.. The first part of that vid clearly paints the lorry overtaking another lorry at the time.. this this twonk in his car sitting in the middle lane hence the lorry going around?

Man of Honour
Seems to fit the dashcam owner stereotype quite nicely. I bet he's got stacks of high definition footage of people doing 31 in a 30 or going through amber lights :D

Don
I couldnt help but notice the comments re undertaking / overtaking etc.. The first part of that vid clearly paints the lorry overtaking another lorry at the time.. this this twonk in his car sitting in the middle lane hence the lorry going around?
Aye it looks like the car driver has backed off so that the truck driver is prevented from being able to complete his overtake of the truck in lane 1. Even the truck that's being overtaken is catching up on him. Definitely looks like the car driver has gone out of his way to antagonise the trucker.

Can only hope both drivers get prosecuted.

Don
I certainly hope the car driver gets the book thrown at him. Disgusting behavior.

I'm with you pal, jobsworth numpty, hope I meet him one day I'll give his dashcam some footage of a place where the sun doesn't shine.

gggrrrr I read about this on the tube earlier, boiled my blood ever since :mad:

Soldato
The car drivers company Facebook page is getting a lot of very interesting replies, oh dear!

The HGV driver was stupid but the car driver, wow, he's just unbelievable!

I really hope the CPS decide to charge him, but I very much doubt they will. He'll get his £3k whiplash money, his £3k car repair etc and lots of publicity unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom