Hijack | Apple TV+

Caporegime
This is true, but that's the biggest one so far I think!
I mean ignoring how their weapons got on the flight, how did 4 of them with no record of existing apart from a fake passport board a transatlantic flight!

Honestly, if Idris Elba wasn't in this we wouldn't even be discussing a show with this much silliness in it!

rp2000

Last edited:
Associate
I mean ignoring how their weapons got on the flight, how did 4 of them with no record of existing apart from a fake passport board a transatlantic flight!

Honestly, if Idris Elba wasn't in this we wouldn't even be discussing a show with this much silliness in it!

rp2000
Maybe, but is it really any sillier than say a Line of Duty which are much beloved, although I cant watch, just too daft.

Caporegime

rp2000
Didn't they say the passengers don't exist but the passports are real in ep3?
The bags got through because they had leverage over that woman, who they later got rid of once she had done her job.

At airports in my experience you don't get to choose which lane you go through though someone always tells you where to go. so there's no way to guarantee a single person would be scanning your bags.

Elba has lets face it.... he's mostly been in a lot of crap, seems he takes pretty much any roles offered

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just binged the first 4 episodes this evening.

Are they hoping we forget about the man who was late, who Idris helped to get on in episode 1? I'm sure he had a bag that a terrorist got a gun from?

Mostly really enjoyed it, but that girl managing to go missing from between her mum and dad in cattle class was ridiculous. I know she's small but there's no way out of there without clambering over people.

Associate
I agree with whats been said. Was an enjoyable first episode and I am going to watch more, does require a fair bit of suspension of disbelief but theres a lot of that these days

Commissario
I watched all the available episodes yesterday and enjoyed them. There are a few procedural errors but they can be glossed over for artistic license.

In the quick flash of the round in the first episode, I did say to Mrs. Feek that it looked like a blank, specifically a starting pistol cartridge because that crimped end is very distinctive.

Caporegime
I sort of like it and want to see where it ends, but it is mega stupid and badly written.

There are plot holes and ludicrous character decisions galore.

The bit that really winds me up is how abrasive, dismissive and antagonistic all the British police/government officials are. Every single one of them is a mouthy *****.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's turning into a soap opera now, just needs the east enders music and a flight to albert square.
literally almost nothing happens and the Newcastle woman is just annoying thinking shes a tough guy :rolleyes:

Caporegime
I sort of like it and want to see where it ends, but it is mega stupid and badly written.

There are plot holes and ludicrous character decisions galore.

The bit that really winds me up is how abrasive, dismissive and antagonistic all the British police/government officials are. Every single one of them is a mouthy *****.
Yep. The British ATC, police, government all start out as a comedy troupe and slowly evolve into stupid. It's a British show as well!

We've all seen various hijack movies before, usually American, and it's always handled better than in Hijack. Maybe that's why th decisions so many of the characters make in this seem bad or ludicrous in comparison.

There is no way we will get a satisfying payoff with less than 90 minutes of the show left, but I'll still keep watching anyway!

rp2000

Caporegime
This continues to become ever more stupid. Everything the police/government does is pants on head retarded.

My worry is that it says "season finale". Please say they aren't going to drag this on for more than one season!?

Last edited:
Caporegime
If this was on ITV or BBC I imagine it would get ripped apart by critics/papers. But as it's a low key AppleTV show, we are expected to ignore the silliness and it probably slides under the radar

rp2000

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It is a great idea not so great executed - I'm only really watching it because I'm subscribed to AppleTV to watch a couple of other shows, otherwise wouldn't bother.

Caporegime
The script is just so poor. For example, why did the government official react by saying something like "They've lost their minds!" when the released prisoners decided to beat the road blockage by going down a very passable looking farm track...?

Some of the actions/lines that they make the characters do/come out with are really bizarre and jarring.

Back
Top Bottom