Hillsborough Disaster

Caporegime
Kelvin MacKenzie's lawyers seek Hillsborough police apology

MacKenzie reveals that it was necessary to have his house patrolled by police and that he has faces physical danger should he enter the city of Liverpool.

He admits that he was wrong, but believes "the people who have got away scot-free are South Yorkshire police." He is therefore seeking recompense for "the lies their officers told".
Words cannot describe this ****.

Man of Honour
I saw that story on the BBC earlier and decided against posting it, he was wrong to print what he did and further sensationalise it - as has been pointed out other papers used the same sources but managed not to print such insensitive and incendiary headlines/articles so the error is still his.

Don
I saw that story on the BBC earlier and decided against posting it, he was wrong to print what he did and further sensationalise it - as has been pointed out other papers used the same sources but managed not to print such insensitive and incendiary headlines/articles so the error is still his.

Not only that but MacKenzie consistently lied about the source of the story, claiming it came from a Liverpool news agency, in an attempt to justify his story.

Caporegime
Indeed, nice to bring more attention but I thought it would be something more substantial without undermining the gesture and attention it could bring

Don
the officer who was in charge of this has resigned. he's getting a full pension worth £80k PA

Not exactly. He was one of the senior officers involved in the cover-up that followed, not the actual disaster. The situation with his pension, if he's found guilty of anything, isn't clear cut either.

Soldato
the reason he's quit now, instead of retiring in march is so he can't be charged with anything? that's how i read it anyway.
Nah. Ex-officers involved in Hillsborough could easily be charged. He's gone because his part in the cover up is distracting to his police force. He can still be charged with a criminal offence if the investigation finds enough evidence against him.

Don
By quitting there's less the IPCC can do however he can still face criminal charges and that could potentially effect his pension.

Back
Top Bottom