Hillsborough Disaster

Don
As I saw somebody mention in the thread in GD, it often takes financial loss to force a change. Even after 27 years SYP still tried to push the same lies and they spent £19m doing so.

And I have to disagree about this being different to your typical claim culture.

Man of Honour
Tonight on ITV:

Hillsborough
Today on ITV from 10:20pm to 12:10am
Powerful docu-drama by award-winning writer Jimmy McGovern, which sheds light on how the worst disaster ever to hit British sport happened, and its devastating consequences. 96 people lost their lives at the 1989 FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest played at the Hillsborough stadium in Sheffield. The film follows three families, from their initial excitement at getting tickets for the game, to the disaster and the subsequent emotional and legal struggles. As the families try to come to terms with their losses and fight for justice, police evidence goes missing and further questions arise. With Christopher Eccleston (Trevor Hicks), Ricky Tomlinson (John Glover), Annabelle Apsion (Jenni Hicks), Rachel Davies (Theresa Glover), Mark Womack (Eddie Spearritt), Tracey Wilkinson (Jan Spearritt), Scot Williams (Joe Glover), Maurice Roeves (Chief Supt David Duckinfield), Ian McDiarmid (Dr Popper), Kevin Knapman (Adam Spearritt) and Sarah Graham (Sarah Hicks). SUB Stereo REP

Soldato
I watched that and cried and whilst nothing can ever right the wrong of that day I hope the verdict gives the families and survivors some peace.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nothing but absolute huge respect and admiration for the families. They took on The Police and The established print media in the face of nothing but adversity.

Reading some of the figures.on the BBC so not qualified to comment on their accuracy but if it is close to £100m on court and legal fees it is worth every penny and more to finally start to see some justice and accountability for the responsible for causing the Hillsborough tragedy.

Soldato
Nothing but absolute huge respect and admiration for the families. They took on The Police and The established print media in the face of nothing but adversity.

Reading some of the figures.on the BBC so not qualified to comment on their accuracy but if it is close to £100m on court and legal fees it is worth every penny and more to finally start to see some justice and accountability for the responsible for causing the Hillsborough tragedy.

Could not agree more, cover up is disgraceful! Out of interest will they be able to claim their legal fees back?

Back
Top Bottom