Hip-hop thread

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I saw Lil' Simz perform this at a festival the other weekend, her set was a million times better than the Wu-Tang+NaS set.

Man of Honour

Not the biggest Central Cee fan but him and Dave work well together, these two are the standouts from the EP imo. Shame Sprinter is getting all the attention but thats to be expected with a catchy song like that.

Soldato
Will Smith don't have to cus in his raps to sell records, well I do, so **** him, and **** you to.

A gangster's born everyday, so make that you keep it, G,A,N,G,S,T,A.

It's ok.....

For a few years UK garage was also pretty good.

I don't smoke cigarettes, I don't smoke cigars., I don't smoke a pipe pipe pipe pipe pipe pipe pipe pipe pipe pipe pipe pipe, I DON'T SMOKE THE REEFER.

Quality lol.

Soldato
Over the past two weeks Redman has been dropping these short videos on his YouTube Channel absolutely smashing it, and looking like he's having the time of his life :)

I've been enjoying these. Actually been listening to 'Blackout!' a lot recently and I forget how much I love Red and Meth back-to-back. I actually asked my partner if she could get me the 'It goes Reggie, JayZ, Tupac and Biggie' T-shirt along with the 'Like Mike' T-shirt for my birthday or Christmas

Still think Michael is the best album this year by a long shot. So many good songs on that album.

Last edited:
Reactions: NVP
Soldato
I'm finally getting to see DJ Yoda tomorrow, doing his 50 Years of Hip Hop AV Show. Has anybody been yet?

He's been on my bucket list ever since I heard an XFM mix he did probably 25 years ago, if not more!

Soldato
I'm finally getting to see DJ Yoda tomorrow, doing his 50 Years of Hip Hop AV Show. Has anybody been yet?

He's been on my bucket list ever since I heard an XFM mix he did probably 25 years ago, if not more!

I've not been to that specific show but I've been fortunate to see Yoda quite a few times live and I never get bored of his visual mixes. I actually must listen to DJ Yoda's Fabric Live(39) again, been a minute since I listened to that mix. If you haven't heard it, give it a go. One of my favourite fablic live mixes in general (Number 3 and 18 will always be my special ones though)

You'll have a blast though. Love seeing Dj Yoda and Dj Format live.

Soldato
Serious lack of UK hip hop btw :cry:

Well, a hip hop album was No.1 in the UK charts 2 weeks ago

Not bad for someone who has no label and isn't played on the radio. Been following this guy for about a year and think he's fantastic and the new album is brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom