HL3 - Episode 3 'Leak' by lead writer

All this HL3 chat just makes me want to re install HL2 and the episodes but I'm waiting for them to finish Xen in Black Mesa so I can have a marathon. :p

hah same as! I played Black Mesa on release, which was great – but when it finished I wanted Xen. I know seemingly everyone in the world hates it but I quite enjoyed Xen, it was properly creepy and other-worldly – first time I’d seen different gravity settings in a game too, which was cool.

I'm afraid to say threads like this just further my unhappiness with Valve and the whole HL debacle. This thread perhaps more than most, since it contains a farewell finger from the lead writer Laidlaw no-less. I continue my struggle to reconcile the complete disappointment I have with Valve on this alone.

How can it not feel like an elaborate trolling on their part? They even conjured new IP in the form of Portal/Aperture, which directly references the HL universe and then what ... eh ... nah, like other 40-somethings I prefer my days in the garden grumbling about noisy neighbour’s kids rather than trying to remember that tram ride back in '98.

*Vodka's on till oblivion*

These Bank Holiday Tuesdays get tougher and tougher ...

If Valve have no interest in making another half life game... why dont they let someone else do it... they could give the story to another developer and they could do it.

i enjoyed opposing force (in fact i played it again a couple of weeks ago), and that was made by gearbox software.

If Valve have no interest in making another half life game... why dont they let someone else do it... they could give the story to another developer and they could do it.

i enjoyed opposing force (in fact i played it again a couple of weeks ago), and that was made by gearbox software.

Naughty Dog has asked Valve several times and got turned down, it's a travesty. They could have done a great job of it.

Cannot see Valve letting that happen, and it's not as if they needs the money. I think he will do it but only when it's just right, which could be VR and take years more.

Actually I really did like Opposing Force too, Gearbox have a solid record.

Back
Top Bottom