Hmm? Games Jerk (Make a better title next time)

Suspended
Ok trying out the Omega drivers. Running 3dmark 2003 now, before I got 17600 ish. If it's 18000 or over worth it, also try NFS in a minute..

Associate
stuttering using an X2 could be due to needing the Microsoft hotfix (link eludes me at the minute o.O) so if Omega don't work, revert ot normal ATi drivers, then try the hotfix!

Soldato
All quoted posts by JCB33
People in this post seem to be telling me i need 2GB's therefore i would need to spend £200 to get a decent set of 2GB Ram
Not true:GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS3 (GE2GB3200BDC) (MY-046-GL) £111.57 plus you could sell your existing 512mb to add to the cost.

My main drive just died, and i dont trust my backup as i got it at the same time and its the same make, therefore i would need to get 2 new hard drives, and i mares well get decent size hard drives so that would be another £200
A bit drastic mate ;) . If everything is currently working okay then just go with it. Run a virus check, anti spam check, defragement the drive if it needs it and use a utility such as registry mechanic to make sure the registry is as clean as it can be and the existing drives should be fine.

I have been thinking of getting a TFT to replace my CRT for a while now, and was just about to anyway when all this happend so that would be £300 for a decent one
TFT's are hard pushed to beat the quality given by a CRT monitor unless it's rubbish.

Errr i have 21GBs free is that enough? well thats on the drive its installed on
Should be fine but I think it depends on the amount of programs your running at once. If it's just windows plus fear it should be plenty.

Soldato
OP
Meths said:
Not true:GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS3 (GE2GB3200BDC) (MY-046-GL) £111.57 plus you could sell your existing 512mb to add to the cost.

Um, i currently have 1GB, and decent = CAS 2.5 or less :) Well in my opinion anyway :)

Meths said:
A bit drastic mate ;) . If everything is currently working okay then just go with it. Run a virus check, anti spam check, defragement the drive if it needs it and use a utility such as registry mechanic to make sure the registry is as clean as it can be and the existing drives should be fine.

"Been as my main drive just died" afraid as i said my main drive is dead, and i dont trust my secondary, new hard drives are a must

Meths said:
TFT's are hard pushed to beat the quality given by a CRT monitor unless it's rubbish.

Well its only 17", i have had it 4 years or so, and it has an anoying mark on that although im use to i would like to see the back of :)

Meths said:
Should be fine but I think it depends on the amount of programs your running at once. If it's just windows plus fear it should be plenty.

woohoo

Back
Top Bottom