Holy **** my motherboard just exploded!

Permabanned
OP
So, I just took my motherboard out, and took the MOSFET heatsink off...

dda4ea86.jpg

3b478ab3.jpg

659a02a7.jpg

3af5c9d1.jpg

7edfe53c.jpg

f2363fb9.jpg

I think the word is "caramelised". I'm not sure what blew up, but it blew up well. Still not heard back from Msi, but ah well...

Permabanned
Hopefully the CPU isn't damaged, highly doubt it though. My mate once had a power cut and somehow damaged his motherboard but CPU still worked.

Soldato
Scary to think that if that had happened overnight if you leave your pc on, what would have happened

Can't remember who it was, one of the mods i think, posted some pictures a couple of years back where a fire had started on the usb headers. I remember that board being red so i wonder if that was MSI as well...

Think he used to leave his on 24/7 too!

Soldato
It's usually about 24 hours to get a reply from MSI, think it may depend where you contacted them, I would think they might do something for you as it is quite bad even if it's just out of twelve months warranty, for a start I bet you case is marked and it has burned the corsair mount, you may want to push for some compensation from them don't know how successful that would be though

Permabanned
OP
"Smoking outside only" (3rd photo down) - is that wishful thinking or an omen?

Haha :D thats part of my mum's work, she's the area machines manager for Ladbrokes

It's no wonder you fry motherboards.

Next thread: Holy **** my GTX 580 and Asrock Z68 Extreme4 just exploded!

:D what can I say? Boundaries are there to be pushed ;)

Back
Top Bottom