Home Assistant

Soldato
*reviving meter discussion*
looks like there is a commercial reasonably priced solution now
which folks have integrated, could be my first post brexit aliexpress purchase

52555669837_7583809451_o_d.jpg

finally get some high precision data

7bdf3fae6974b5126ff1ed4113c111129c1a0622.jpeg
That looks cool... I actually bought an optical reader with an ESP8266 attached to try read mine but I'm not getting much back...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313460034498 like this
ttps://tasmota.github.io/docs/Smart-Meter-Interface

I can only get back "/HTc5 RTC2 ISSUE 1.1". Google proved less than useful.

Soldato
OP
Any idea how InfluxDB getting too big corrupts the backup?

Not a clue tbh!

IIRC when I looked a bit more at the database mine was about 40Gb in size. So I do wonder if during the compression phase it's hitting some sort of timer and is killed before the compression has completed.

Soldato
That looks cool... I actually bought an optical reader with an ESP8266 attached to try read mine but I'm not getting much back...
OK that's not a bad price ... seems he has a video too linked from ebay
to post some feedback

ESP can be run off of battery pack too, my meter is a couple of meters outside door, so I would be hoping I can open up the TUYA/220v one and introduce my own supply.

Soldato
Yeah unfortunately mine is also outside. I ran that reader (albeit in warmer climate than now) the other week for 4 days or so on a 21500mah Anker power bank.

Soldato
ucontroller code I had looked at does have power optimization to ensure that device is in shallow sleep and only transmits occassionally,
not sure if even the blink recording didn't need a full processor wake-up, with some autonomy

Associate
So, Ive had HA running on a HP T530 mini pc only for a couple of weeks. It only came with an 8GB SATA SSD, and its now nearly full. For some reason the disk use jumped a couple of days ago 1.4GB for some reason, and now there isnt enough space for me to run the latest core update :(

So, I can try and dig into what caused the sudden jump in disk use, which will give me a bit longer usage before running into isssues again, but I'm thinking i might as well upgrade the SSD to a larger one, 256GB should be plenty. Now the question is, whats the best way to clone the existing drive and installation onto the new drive? I've got just one USB3-SATA m.2 adapter that I used with Balena Etcher to write HAOS initially, so wont be able to have both drive connected to my windows laptop. What software would I need to clone, such that I can just slot the new drive back in, turn it on, and everything on HAOS is as it was, just with 250GB more space!

Soldato
So, Ive had HA running on a HP T530 mini pc only for a couple of weeks. It only came with an 8GB SATA SSD, and its now nearly full. For some reason the disk use jumped a couple of days ago 1.4GB for some reason, and now there isnt enough space for me to run the latest core update :(

So, I can try and dig into what caused the sudden jump in disk use, which will give me a bit longer usage before running into isssues again, but I'm thinking i might as well upgrade the SSD to a larger one, 256GB should be plenty. Now the question is, whats the best way to clone the existing drive and installation onto the new drive? I've got just one USB3-SATA m.2 adapter that I used with Balena Etcher to write HAOS initially, so wont be able to have both drive connected to my windows laptop. What software would I need to clone, such that I can just slot the new drive back in, turn it on, and everything on HAOS is as it was, just with 250GB more space!
I like Paragon. Create a disk image/backup, swap drives, restore.

Soldato
how accurate/calibrated is the device?

I subsequently read a facebook comment on the non-zigbee shelly clamp product (which I think is premium/bounding versus tuya) that suggested +-10% , so yes not so good

Shelly EM is not factory calibrated device and on small loads it is quite inaccurate (loads bellow 1A or so). So in whole day cycle depending on loads yes it can accumulate to that error margin you have noticed.
etc.

hildebrand glow at £50 , which would give dynamic gas usage too looks increasingly attractive - get both your smart meter data every 30s from DCC

Soldato
OP

Personally if it was me, I'd do a fresh install, and then full restore from backup.

Back
Top Bottom