Home cinema advice

Caporegime
So I recently bought a sound bar, after thinking that it'd be more than good enough. The thing is, half the time I have to remind myself to turn it on after I realise, it just doesn't do the immersion I'm looking for.

Now I'm tight af, and want to do this on a semi budget.

But also there is so many options available that it gets a bit overwhelming.

I'm considering;

Avr - Denon x1800 - £450.

Speakers, second hand q acoustics 3010 rears and maybe front (I already have some 1010is I could use at the moment). And a 3090 centre speaker.

All in should be about £650-700.

Any other suggestions that I'm missing out on? Any avrs that are worth considering second hand? I looked 2nd hand but the x1800 seems worth the little extra when you consider warranty

No sub because I live in a flat and don't want to create agro, I'll most likely be moving next year so this will change then.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
There's Yamaha as well, A4A

FYI if you don't have a sub that means full range will be sent to the mains. Those little 3010i are not capable of full range, so you could possibly damage them during heavy action sequences.

A4a is £1200. Did you get the v4a?

Is it as good?

Will the 3020is be sufficient? I have little idea about speakers, just that I have a acoustics and they look pretty good.

Soldato
I might have got my models mixed up I'm sure there's one at £400

ah "R" line

I don't have a modern Yamaha AVR. 3020i do have bigger driver so have more bass output. For music in a small room it'll be fine, but I'd still be concerned in marvel type explosion movies during peaks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom