"Home Cinema" Living Room - mostly complete

Associate
OP
Looks amazing man, I remember following the original thread :)

One thing, if someone is watching something and you're on the PC (or someone else is) does that speaker right next to monitor get annoying? Not a nit pick, just wondered if its been a problem?

Stunning stunning room has others have said, the colour looks fantastic and the design of each piece of furniture seems to suit it so well. Great work :) :D

There's only my wife and I - Louise opts to watch things on her mobile phone and I mostly have my Astro A50 gaming headset on when I'm the PC so either way it no bother even if she did use the PJ :)

Besides she'd only watch Rue Paul's Drag Race or something... not sure it has surround sound :)

thank you thank you :)

Caporegime
There's only my wife and I - Louise opts to watch things on her mobile phone and I mostly have my Astro A50 gaming headset on when I'm the PC so either way it no bother even if she did use the PJ :)

Besides she'd only watch Rue Paul's Drag Race or something... not sure it has surround sound :)

thank you thank you :)
To sit there with that option and pick a phone is mind boggling :D

But hey, whichever works :D

This room has given me lots of ideas for when I go full Dolby Atmos as well. Thanks for sharing :)

Associate
OP
To sit there with that option and pick a phone is mind boggling :D

But hey, whichever works :D

This room has given me lots of ideas for when I go full Dolby Atmos as well. Thanks for sharing :)

She started it up to watch Rue Paul! She only asked about how to change the aspect ratio - it irks me that she didn't stop the screen in the right place :D

It's easily watchable with blinds open and lights on

and Thor Ragnarok arrived!

28337007_10160340447340227_4737302721160426887_o.jpg

Associate
OP
I really like what you've done except the room looks so dark in photo's taken during the day I'd be craving lighter walls and more natural light

There's a window behind the projection screen, so during the day that's usually up and there's more natural light in here. But it's not for everyone :D just me :D

Soldato
There's a window behind the projection screen, so during the day that's usually up and there's more natural light in here. But it's not for everyone :D just me :D
Which is all the matters, I couldn't live with the dark feel that the pictures have even with the screen up but it's your living room and your happy which is the main thing. Oh and obviously the sound is awful as there is no 6" pile carpet so you wasted all your money :p

Associate
OP
Which is all the matters, I couldn't live with the dark feel that the pictures have even with the screen up but it's your living room and your happy which is the main thing. Oh and obviously the sound is awful as there is no 6" pile carpet so you wasted all your money :p

Good job my standards are low :)

Soldato
Not that it's empty, but In all this time can't say I've noticed.
Plus it's your living room and not everyone wants carpet on the walls and ceiling! I'm sure it would be different in a dedicated cinema room.

Great idea with the bike, a 'quick' lord of the rings extended edition marathon and you'll be ready for the Tour de France!

Associate
OP
Also, I'm just being a ****. Saw your post on the MLG group :D

haha :D well played

If I were to take it a little more seriously I'd say when you are on the sofa the light reflections on the pictures can't be seen from that angle. Also the light reflection on the bifolds only distract the dog.. who thinks there's something outside..

and the reason the picture is quite light is because i'm using a large monitor to illuminate the bike :D that makes a huge difference to the room and obviously gets turned off during movies.

Oh and it is day time.

Associate
OP
Plus it's your living room and not everyone wants carpet on the walls and ceiling! I'm sure it would be different in a dedicated cinema room.

too true!

Great idea with the bike, a 'quick' lord of the rings extended edition marathon and you'll be ready for the Tour de France!

:D I've only managed 30 minute stints so far, but I try to do it daily and at least I work up a good sweat.

i'll build up to it !

Back
Top Bottom