Home made case

Soldato
Wont there need to be some form of intake, if only to let air in?, or is negative pressure a good thing?. Some mesh on the front could look good. Nice switches, should suit the case well, also im likeing the blue led idea being a ble led man myself :) .

Mark

Soldato
Looking great so far, maybe you could do an Antec p160 style intake (3 slots) at the front and recess some alluminum behind them so air is still let in (allowing light to hit the recessed parts and giving a slight glow) or some mesh.

Associate
ahh sorry I didnt realise you were planning to watercool the system. In that case ( :rolleyes: ) I would probably just cut an openiing of some form to let air into the case and have a nice 120mm at the back drawing a gentle flow through the case removing any stale warm air from your mobo/other components.

what type of rad are you using, and, how are you going to mount it?

Soldato
David230 said:
ok need advice here. :confused: If I'm watercooling i should'nt need a forced intake should I just entrance vent and what I plan to use is a 120mm exhaust not counting rad fans. Just to remove any warm air in the main compartment.

what about the harddrives where are they stored? they need to have some fresh air too

Associate
OP
Rad wise, 3 x 120 sitting in own compartment at the top of the case. The h/drives will be 1 x raptor and 1 x Samsung spinpoint which I plan to use in aquacomputer watercooling enclosures which mount in 5.25 bays. Which suits me as I can keep the design as simple as possible in terms of the chassis itself. :)

Associate
OP
wow.. cheers again for the kind words people. :) I will get it finished, although may be some time. :rolleyes:

Nowt done this long weekend except for some DIY'ing of my room. Next long break I'll be having will be for a holiday.lol

Will post back though just as soon as I have something to show. :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
KizZ said:
So David230, how are you going to make the front? Like the pic on the previous page or straight?

Not 100% sure on that one still. maybe have the curves round the sides instead of top and bottom. I'll probably use card to test out some ideas when I get back round to doing it. Hopefully sometime soon. :)

Associate
OP
Last update for a while. I'm doing up a car now the warmer weathers here so probably wont get a chance to touch the case for quite a while. I promise I will post back with my progress just as soon as I can.

Cars gonna take up most of my free time. I have by no means quit just put it on hold. :D

Back
Top Bottom