Homefront: The Revolution is highly underrated (and now 10 quid incl. DLC)

Soldato
OP
Bit of a late reply but I just picked this up! With all the DLCs on fanatical and a 10% code came to about 5 60

Will give it a shot later

It's great, enjoy. Super low price for good 25 hours of gameplay.

Might grab this on Fanatical, just tried it last night on PS4 (found it in a game bag and forgot) the frame rate and controls are nasty..

I tried playing it on TV with controller and even at 60fps on ultra it sucked, I switched to mouse and instantly enjoyed it ten times more.

Soldato
First impressions are pretty good considering the reception it got but tbh that was mostly down to performance at launch. It seems like a solid one of these sorts of games. I didn't enjoy far cry 4 so hopefully I get on better with this. Visuals are very nice. I guess I just take over the red zones as I move through the game? The map seems to have lots of icons for me to go to! Like stashed and radios etc

Soldato
it certainly did not deserve all of the critisicm it was given however, the core arguments against the game still hold.

it is a bunch of similar mini-games with generic enemies and it gets tired very quickly.

Soldato
it certainly did not deserve all of the critisicm it was given however, the core arguments against the game still hold.

it is a bunch of similar mini-games with generic enemies and it gets tired very quickly.

I shall give it a go see how far I get, can you mainline the story if the side missions start getting dull or is it required?

Associate
I tend to do that as well :/ overplay games and never finish them ... I deliberately didn't do that with this one as I wanted to see where it went.

I did start the first dlc but got distracted so never finished it, I do intend to go back to it. The last one 'Beyond the walls' or something is supposed to be excellent from what I've read.

Another tip is to use reshade on it, there's some pics in this thread iirc, just use adaptive sharpen and levels (maybe curves, can't remember which!) the graphics are great already but reshade really makes it top notch.

Soldato
I tend to do that as well :/ overplay games and never finish them ... I deliberately didn't do that with this one as I wanted to see where it went.

I did start the first dlc but got distracted so never finished it, I do intend to go back to it. The last one 'Beyond the walls' or something is supposed to be excellent from what I've read.

Another tip is to use reshade on it, there's some pics in this thread iirc, just use adaptive sharpen and levels (maybe curves, can't remember which!) the graphics are great already but reshade really makes it top notch.

Thanks! I'll look into reshade :)

Soldato
OP
Will probably do that once I've tried a few side bits mainly in the interest of time or else I never see games through!

Any of the dlc worth playing, came with a fair bit
The DLCs are short but good, one is prequelish, two are basically epilogue that ends the story.

Soldato
Sorry for small bumpage, just started playing this game and have some questions. :o

Basically, I am just fooling around and trying to get to grips with the game but.. Since I just running around, killing some KPA's and retaking some holds, is that ok or should I follow the quest line ?? I am still on the Hack Job, and taken back to holds around that area, although main quest line want me to go back and hand in this quest. Just curious if there is consequences if I don't ??

Also, what weapons would you suggest be most important ? For now have the Pistol and the Assault Rifle. Can afford the Marksman Rifle but it only have a 3 bullet mag. :(

Most important though, what gear is most important ? I'm thinking of the backpack, to carry more loot, but I realized if I die it all taken away so.. well, more to lose. :p But basically I like all of the gear, just wondering which one to go for first, backpack or more ammo carried ? And, is there anywhere you can actually see how much you have in your backpack ??

Soldato
Ok, not sure if anyone else is playing this game but had two slight funny things happening so far and thought I share. :p

Had a job called This is Your Weapon, using my assault rifle to kill some KPA Assault Troppers. Not long after I picked it up I got caught in the light from one of their air ships and instantly there was a load of soldiers coming running. Problem for them was I was one floor up and in a corner, and well... they didn't do to well. :o Not bad getting more then half of the Job done in like 2 minutes ! :rolleyes: :p
u5MQ12B.jpg

Later got one of those emergency calls, a hot spot that needed to be cleared out. The funny thing was that it was 3 snipers, and one of them was in this room, most gotten lost somehow because there is no window in that room to snipe anyone from !! Although, to be fair I sniped the sniper from outside though ! :p
mMZq4mv.jpg

So got to say the AI is a bit daffed, spawning them inside a strong hold armour room instead of on a roof or such. :p

Still enjoying the game although not gone that far, still in the first area running around and having some fun.

Back
Top Bottom