Homefront: The Revolution is highly underrated (and now 10 quid incl. DLC)

Associate
Just bought this fron Humble Bundle.. Looking good so far but i have only played for half hour .. I have it mostly maxed out at 1080 with my r9 390 @ 1150/1625.. and all seems smooth to my eyes. Will see how it copes later?

Soldato
Finally got round to giving this a couple of hours tonight.

Looks and sounds great.

One thing though the start. Incredibly violent!

Soldato
May try this too. Technical issues aside, would this game have reviewed much higher then would you say?

If so, now it's fixed I would be happy to give it a try.

Soldato
OP
May try this too. Technical issues aside, would this game have reviewed much higher then would you say?

If so, now it's fixed I would be happy to give it a try.

I think it would score 8s on average if it was released in its current state. I would give it 85/100.

Soldato
I think it would score 8s on average if it was released in its current state. I would give it 85/100.

I'm all for giving a game a chance, sounds good to me.

I disgust myself as I even picked up the latest cod cheap as I heard the campaign was better than most of there past attempts. Seems the same to me so far :D

Only thing putting me off is the open world structure, I couldn't get on with far cry 4, it just felt like loads of filler etc. How does this compare?

Soldato
OP
I'm all for giving a game a chance, sounds good to me.

I disgust myself as I even picked up the latest cod cheap as I heard the campaign was better than most of there past attempts. Seems the same to me so far :D

Only thing putting me off is the open world structure, I couldn't get on with far cry 4, it just felt like loads of filler etc. How does this compare?

Hmm. I liked this much more than FarCry 4, mostly because FarCry 4 was a carbon copy of FarCry 3, only with much worse writing and world design. Homefront is separated into 6 or so smaller but unique looking maps so it felt less repetitive, plus atmosphere is much stronger.

Regarding CoD IW, I quite liked the campaign, it is linear and primitive, but as a rollercoaster spectacle for few hours, it was cool. Really beautiful visuals, check this awesome 4K vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNiO7fzNY9U

Soldato
Started to get into this one properly now.

Really enjoying it. Gun play is very satisfying and the sound, atmosphere and visuals are really good.

Associate
Now that I've finished Prey I have bought this as well....looks right up my street. Thanks Paul_cz for recommending. Always good to hear about games coming good after bad initial reviews. Hopefully, its sales will pick up and more devs well see the light.....although a working game in the first place would be even better!!!

Soldato
OP
Now that I've finished Prey I have bought this as well....looks right up my street. Thanks Paul_cz for recommending. Always good to hear about games coming good after bad initial reviews. Hopefully, its sales will pick up and more devs well see the light.....although a working game in the first place would be even better!!!

Cheers. Yeah it is a shame developers were forced to release it unfinished. Imagine working on a game for 4 years, going through bankrupcy, staff changes, layoffs, change in publisher, somehow miraculously making it through to the end, and then being forced to release it couple months early only to get murdered in reviews and impressions, getting reputation destroyed as a result. Heartbreaking.
At least they were able to fix it after release though, getting the reputation fixed up at least a little, plus hopefully selling some copies.

Associate
Cheers. Yeah it is a shame developers were forced to release it unfinished. Imagine working on a game for 4 years, going through bankrupcy, staff changes, layoffs, change in publisher, somehow miraculously making it through to the end, and then being forced to release it couple months early only to get murdered in reviews and impressions, getting reputation destroyed as a result. Heartbreaking.
At least they were able to fix it after release though, getting the reputation fixed up at least a little, plus hopefully selling some copies.

Totally - I just started this and its great so far after removing some of the HUD hand-holding.

Just checked and Damnbuster are hiring so hopefully they are going to continue making games.

Recently noticed how brutal the games industry can be - Deus Ex is another example, the amount of work that must have gone into that one too (any game really)

Edit* for anyone on the fence, defo try it out - really good game. Its a bit like guerilla warfare vs the conbine if HL2 ever went down that route - has a similar aesthetic (minus the space aliens) and altogether very satisfying!

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm. I liked this much more than FarCry 4, mostly because FarCry 4 was a carbon copy of FarCry 3, only with much worse writing and world design. Homefront is separated into 6 or so smaller but unique looking maps so it felt less repetitive, plus atmosphere is much stronger.

Regarding CoD IW, I quite liked the campaign, it is linear and primitive, but as a rollercoaster spectacle for few hours, it was cool. Really beautiful visuals, check this awesome 4K vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNiO7fzNY9U

Bit of a late reply but I just picked this up! With all the DLCs on fanatical and a 10% code came to about 5 60

Will give it a shot later

Back
Top Bottom