Honor 9

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot. May be I should buy one. But Honor9 already launched more than half year. Should I waiting for Honor 10:)

Soldato
Honor are utterly awful when it comes to software updates; I've had an 8 Pro since launch and probably only had 2 or 3 updates in that time. The hardware and software are both good, but their ongoing support leaves a lot to be desired so I won't buy another device from them after this one.

Soldato
Honor are utterly awful when it comes to software updates; I've had an 8 Pro since launch and probably only had 2 or 3 updates in that time. The hardware and software are both good, but their ongoing support leaves a lot to be desired so I won't buy another device from them after this one.

Exactly this.
I've had 2 Honor devices and their update cycles are woeful at best, just the security updates would be fine but even that is too far. Will not touch again.

Soldato

I'm waiting to see if the H8 get's Oreo the pro is confirmed for it, the Mate 8 which shares the same hardware as the H8 is confirmed but they have said the H8 can't have Oreo, if this is the case I'll be moving on to Nokia or One+

Thanks a lot. May be I should buy one. But Honor9 already launched more than half year. Should I waiting for Honor 10:)

The Honor 10 is already out it's called the view 10.

Soldato
Honor 9 has attractive shiny glass design, fingerprint sensor is quite useful for daily use. It is not a large device and easy to hold, especially for female user. Its longer and better battery life is very important for me. The dual-lens camera of honor 9 takes photos fast, and producing very artful images, it is the best phone camera that I have ever used.But it is not a very well-known brand in the UK.

The botforce is strong in this one.

Soldato
Exactly this.
I've had 2 Honor devices and their update cycles are woeful at best, just the security updates would be fine but even that is too far. Will not touch again.

Agreed I've had all the Honor devices since the Honor 6 up to and including the Honor 9 but gave up buying Honor devices as their updates are so slow and quite lame and got rid of the Honor 9 as a result.

Honor promised Oreo update for the Honor 8 but then reneged as they said the hardware wasn't up to it even though the Honor 8 Lite is still getting Oreo which has a weaker SoC.

Soldato
Agreed I've had all the Honor devices since the Honor 6 up to and including the Honor 9 but gave up buying Honor devices as their updates are so slow and quite lame and got rid of the Honor 9 as a result.

Honor promised Oreo update for the Honor 8 but then reneged as they said the hardware wasn't up to it even though the Honor 8 Lite is still getting Oreo which has a weaker SoC.

Yet Huawei have said the Mate 8 is getting Oreo and apart from the screen size and camera difference it share the same SoC

The View 10 is the update to the Honor 8 Pro and was supposed to be called the Honor 9 Pro before Honor changed the name to the View 10 and is not the Honor 10 which will be out later this year.

Oh right, ah well this 8 will probably be my first and Last, they release to many phones then have the excuse that they are not compatible for the next update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Oh right, ah well this 8 will probably be my first and Last, they release to many phones then have the excuse that they are not compatible for the next update.

I agree Honor are utterly rubbish when it comes to updating their phones. What they did with the Honor 8 is inexcusable leaving many Honor 8 owners out in the cold.

Soldato
I agree Honor are utterly rubbish when it comes to updating their phones. What they did with the Honor 8 is inexcusable leaving many Honor 8 owners out in the cold.

If they at least updated their phones with regular security updates it would be at least partially excusable but as it stands currently, of the big phones manufacturers they are by far the worst imo.

Soldato
Yet Huawei have said the Mate 8 is getting Oreo and apart from the screen size and camera difference it share the same SoC

That just goes to show how erratic Honor are when it comes to software updates. They just pick and choose what phones will get the software but then actually go back on their word when it actually comes to delivering the update making pony excuses.

They big themselves up on social media running all sorts of promos saying how fantastic their phones are but in reality their devices are good but their software update schedule leaves a lot to be desired.

Soldato
Agree with the updates but the phones are great. going to get my daughter an Honor 9 next rather than the overpriced Samsung's now.

Honor are now updating the H8 to Oreo, I think quite a bit of bad feedback from many users helped.

I think my next phone will be the new Nokia 7+ though, while the H8 is nice the all glass finish is annoying and I don't like putting cases on the phone.

Prefer a metal finish and the N7+ is much like the pixel 2 XL in its style.

Soldato
Honor are now updating the H8 to Oreo, I think quite a bit of bad feedback from many users helped.

I think my next phone will be the new Nokia 7+ though, while the H8 is nice the all glass finish is annoying and I don't like putting cases on the phone.

Prefer a metal finish and the N7+ is much like the pixel 2 XL in its style.

Too right Honor had to update the Honor 8. They gave a pony excuse not too. Power to the consumer to have their voice heard.

Good shout as the N7+ is part of Android One and will get updates far more quicker and at £349 it's a bargain.

Soldato
Just got my wife one of these from Argos for £279.99, the Blue is a stunning colour and think I actually prefer the handling of it over my Note 8, also the FPS is soooo much faster than my Samsung!
Absolute bargain of a phone, turned it on and got the Oreo update straight away as well so my earlier comments on updates may well be outdated.

Back
Top Bottom