** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yes it was a nonsense reply to a nonsense comment because I already told you I didn't like the game and yet you think I'm missing out by not playing it :cry:

Ps. I wasted £12 getting diablo 2 reforged because I was bored after about 10 minutes.
I don't think these ARPGs are for me. They are literally all the bloody same.

:p

:p:D

Man of Honour
Hey dude, does the new app in beta work fine with Gsync?
Everything works :p

fn5QHf0.gif

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nice one mate, that was the only thing putting me off on first launch..

Installing :)

Enjoy mate. Don't listen to the nay sayers. It is just more HZD which was fantastic imo.

My steam counter is on 17 hours now and I still feel like I am getting started.

Oh and I thought I did not have the trip caster yet but seems I do.

Caporegime
I had to jump back in to check as was not paying attention for ghosting of particles previously :o

Oh yeah I mentioned NV filters is the best and easiest way to remove the yellow colour cast in this game, here are my settings, it's subtle but gets rid of the yellow.

HDR profile works amazing!!

However adding anything else on top such as Colour or Sharpen and I get awful screen jitter. And it isn't smooth at all! ( frame rates are fine )

Caporegime
Figured it out...

Adding the HDR profile and it's fine, adding the colour setting on top and it then drops some of the base frame rate below DLSS+Frame Gen. So instead of 80fps with DLSS, it's only 50/60. So I then have to turn down the ULTRA settings in the game.

But using Sharpen in game doesn't drop the frame rates, but the nvidia app does :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
There are some engine quirks with performance it seems, in specific configuration of settings apparently there can be drops. A 4080 Super though should manage no problems.

I just figured out after days of trying to take down the No man's land survey drone how to actually take it down. No spoilers but I wasted tso many arrows and ammo trying to take that thing down only for it to be so simple....

Man of Honour
Figured it out...

Adding the HDR profile and it's fine, adding the colour setting on top and it then drops some of the base frame rate below DLSS+Frame Gen. So instead of 80fps with DLSS, it's only 50/60. So I then have to turn down the ULTRA settings in the game.

But using Sharpen in game doesn't drop the frame rates, but the nvidia app does :rolleyes:
Oops forgot about this, I was curious so tested it out and yep even on a 4090 there's a 10-12fps drop by enabling a simple Game Filter in Nvidia Game Filters. This would have happened in GeForce Experience too but never really noticed it due to being above 100fps anyway. I think I'll put up with yellow cast now that it has been brought to attention lol.

Colour + vignette game filter enabled:
i4Z10Sq.jpeg

No game filter:
t7zELSt.jpeg

Caporegime
Oops forgot about this, I was curious so tested it out and yep even on a 4090 there's a 10-12fps drop by enabling a simple Game Filter in Nvidia Game Filters. This would have happened in GeForce Experience too but never really noticed it due to being above 100fps anyway. I think I'll put up with yellow cast now that it has been brought to attention lol.

Colour + vignette game filter enabled:

No game filter:

Yep not worth a 10-12fps drop just for a colour tint change.. Also noticed your frame time is higher as well with it enabled

Man of Honour
A few ms in frametime latency doesn't amount to anything really, if it is 10ms+ then maybe sure.

I did discover something though, the power usage difference for the GPU when using DLAA vs DLSS is pretty high:

DLAA: ~311 watts
DLSS: ~230 watts

So really, given that there is zero meaningful image quality difference between DLAA an DLSS (actually DLSS is slightly sharper...) it makes sense to use DLSS, GPU fans run slower, GPU runs cooler, GPU draw less power - A win win?

I've now done the Gaia bit and am trying to find the underground entrance in Las Vegas so calling it a night there. The combat has become more fun, whereas before I wasn't levelled up enough, I would pick and choose my battles with machines, now that I;'e upgraded a bunch of weapons, and found that the shock arrows and explosive spears are pretty devastating, this has adding a level of additional fun that makes combat exciting and no longer a need to pick and choose, just march in and start throwing things around:D

24.8 hours play time so far.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
A few ms in frametime latency doesn't amount to anything really, if it is 10ms+ then maybe sure.

I did discover something though, the power usage difference for the GPU when using DLAA vs DLSS is pretty high:

DLAA: ~311 watts
DLSS: ~230 watts

So really, given that there is zero meaningful image quality difference between DLAA an DLSS (actually DLSS is slightly sharper...) it makes sense to use DLSS, GPU fans run slower, GPU runs cooler, GPU draw less power - A win win?

I've now done the Gaia bit and am trying to find the underground entrance in Las Vegas so calling it a night there. The combat has become more fun, whereas before I wasn't levelled up enough, I would pick and choose my battles with machines, now that I;'e upgraded a bunch of weapons, and found that the shock arrows and explosive spears are pretty devastating, this has adding a level of additional fun that makes combat exciting and no longer a need to pick and choose, just march in and start throwing things around:D

24.8 hours play time so far.

About 20 hours in based on steam counter. Level 23. Also done the Gaia bit. Once things opened up again I did another tallneck and will commence exploring the area :D

Put in about 9 points into survival and rest started going into melee combat.

Just play it in SDR, looks great :p

Bwahahaha.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom