** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

Looking at the game and peoples replies on reddit ( 4070 - 4090 ) Frame Gen is broken anyway, frame pacing is off

Apart from the odd bug I see every few hours it has been very good imo. I am not about to turn it off because what others say online. Judge it yourself, play for an hour or two with and then off. See which you prefer.

It's like mrk. Guy games with HDR off. Now I agree and value a lot of what he says, but does that mean I am going to game with HDR off? **** no!

It's like mrk. Guy games with HDR off. Now I agree and value a lot of what he says, but does that mean I am going to game with HDR off? **** no!

I'm using the in game HDR with Nvidia app colour balancing a few notches into the blue to lower the yellow tint...

I find the RTX HDR to be too buggy to use at the moment, as sometimes when going into a cutscene it was doing 10fps! Disable RTX HDR and back up to 120 lol

Last edited:
Have you seen some of the SSR?
Having been reading the various comments and looking at the screenshots, the one thing I can’t work out is why you’ve not mentioned Aloy’s Fanny pack and the way it keeps glitching like some sort of insane hyper active doohickey bouncing all over the place.

Having been reading the various comments and looking at the screenshots, the one thing I can’t work out is why you’ve not mentioned Aloy’s Fanny pack and the way it keeps glitching like some sort of insane hyper active doohickey bouncing all over the place.
These were quirks that were on the PS4, and remained on the PS5, and it's expected that a direct port with no gameplay changes would also mean they exist on the PC too. Such is the way of direct ports, even if the port performance is largely excellent.

I'm using the in game HDR with Nvidia app colour balancing a few notches into the blue to lower the yellow tint...

I find the RTX HDR to be too buggy to use at the moment, as sometimes when going into a cutscene it was doing 10fps! Disable RTX HDR and back up to 120 lol

I don't use RTX HDR. Just native HDR. Not a fan of the yellow tint but at the same time it does not bother me enough to mess around. Too busy actually playing and enjoying the game.

I have a 4070 Ti and mainly get triple digit fps and the game is very smooth. Not had any issues with the cutscene either.

It's just like Windows Auto HDR for games that don't have native HDR. If you care about that sort of thing then it may be of use. I don't care for that sort of thing so other than testing it out, it doesn't get used at all.

Ah ok thanks. I don't use it except for games that support natively because I don't really like what it does to games that don't.

Use that auto actions app to switch for me as I de-xbox'd my pc so don't have the win/alt/b or whatever it was shortcut.

Last edited:
So nice playing this on PC with the higher frame rate and being able to adjust the graphic settings with higher textures. As mrk suggested I've left it on DLSS Quality, the textures are ever so slightly sharper, any recommendations for the sharpness level or just leave it 5 the default, can't say I'm really noticing much difference with it at the different levels.

13.5 hours in. It's pretty good so far. The character animations and conversations are a massive improvement. The world looks incredible. Runs great and HDR looks good. I do love my new OLED :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom