1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by dakaiez, Jun 16, 2015.

1. RoboCod

Capodecina

It looks amazing in 4k

2. bakes0310

Capodecina

Don't have a 4k TV yet probably get one in a year or 2. Stuck on a 40" 1080p TV that is good but I need a bigger screen.

3. RoboCod

Capodecina

I'm not sure there is any point in a ps Pro then?

4. bakes0310

Capodecina

Performance increase and better image quality on 1080p I believe still. Still gonna get a 4k at some point with the PS4 in use.

5. BGGLP

Gangster

This game deserves a quality 4K hdr tv to do it justice if at all possible. Truly stunning and I think those that weren’t blown away by it didn’t get the hdr as it was simply stunning! Frozen Wilds is great too; more of the same but the snow fx are even better.

My game of the generation all things considered I think.

6. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

Finished the DLC on Thursday because I needed some space back for RDR2 yesterday.

Only played it on a standard PS4 and a 1080P TV but it was absolutely amazing to look at, even more so than Uncharted 4 imo.

7. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I bought this a while ago but I'm trying to complete Nier automata before I start it. Is the dlc still on offer and is it worth buying now before I even start the main game?

8. TheVoice

Capodecina

It'll be on offer again at some point, probably better to start the full game first and decide if you want more from it afterwards.

9. bakes0310

Capodecina

Yep it's £6, so up to you.

10. ic1male

Caporegime

Even though I loved the main game to bits, I couldn't finish the DLC. Maybe it was just too much in one go.

11. superdumper

Gangster

This game's DLC suffers from the same difficulty curse that many other DLCs for other games suffer from, in that they are harder than the base game. For people who've played The Witcher 3 with all DLCs on, you may remember that if you decided to do Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine first, before finishing up the main game, the Wild Hunt was a pushover when you were at level 60 (as the base game was supposed to be finished when you were at about level 40). It destroys the immersion in a way, as a vampire from Blood & Wine is stronger than the leader of the Wild Hunt, who are essentially trying to destroy the world.

Same deal with HZD, if you decide to do the DLC first then the final boss of the main game is easy. Yet you're kind of supposed to do it this way, as if you complete the DLC first you get some companions from the DLC for the end battle of the base game. Such weird choices sometimes.

HZD was a great game (it was a learning curve) and I am hoping for HZD 2 to be announced soon.

12. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I bought it. So I should turn on/do the DLC just before the final boss?

13. ic1male

Caporegime

Yeah sounds like. I didn't realise companions from the DLC were in the main game, too. That would be a nice experience.

14. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I have the Witcher 3 goty edition to play after this so I need to do the dlc in the right order for that too

15. superdumper

Gangster

Just a couple of people and you exchange a few words, nothing massive.

Play both games as you feel like @Kreeeee , but if you want a challenge up until the end I suggest doing the DLCs after the main stories are wrapped up.

16. BMox81

Hitman

Picked up the DLC last night while it was still on offer.

17. bakes0310

Capodecina

Haven't played much since starting last week, seems alright so far but nothing too special. Early days might love it when I get further in.

18. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I'll try and keep it challenging because Zelda BotW was awesome for the first 20-30 hours right up until it became a cake walk.

Nier Automata route B is complete trash so I might just drop that game now and move onto HZD/The Witcher 3.

19. Amatsubu

Mobster

I wouldn't do that, honestly. Route B might seem unnecessary but it still adds quite a lot to the story if you're observant enough and prepares you for the rest. Of course, drop it if you don't feel like it and move onto W3 and HZD, both good games and different enough to be played simultaneously. Just saying Nier might be worth completing if you're this far.

20. BGGLP

Gangster

HZD was a stunning achievement. Suspect will be hearing about and seeing previews of the sequel next year. Will be one of the launch games on PS5 hopefully; the greatest game visually this gen imo.