Horn, can I fit a louder one ?

Soldato
I hate to poop on everyone's parade here but thinking about it, IMO 139dB is too loud. It's great for cars, sure, and maybe bikes (helmet blocks out sound) but for any passing pedestrians or cyclists, it's actually loud to the point where it could be causing hearing damage :(

Soldato
OP
Just checked the Dutch law on this, I can only have one tone klaxon's but there is no rule about the max amount of noise it can produce, so what kind of single tone cheap but loud horn can I pick up for about 50€ max and fit it easily on my Volvo V40 ?

Soldato
OP
Does anyone actually EVER use their horn ?

Yes, when someone cuts me up/ changes lanes without looking on the motorway.
And when (often eastern european) trucks decide to overtake on the motorway at times & days they are not allowed to.

And when one of my stupid mates who also just got his license stalls his car at the lights, AGAIN, while I + many others are waiting behind him ( though obviously just to annoy him) :p.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
since i've started driving around brussels more and more, i use it far more than i used to.
i've started flashing my lights instead of hooting if it's appropriate, although sometimes you really need to hoot to warn people of your whereabouts, given the somewhat poor standard of driving in belgium :p

i also find it rather satisfying, and i like the sound of mine :D

Soldato
OP
I've never used my horn. I don't plan to even in times of need as mini horns sound so, so silly.

So what are you planning to when for example a bus tries to drive into you/ ram you off the road trying to get into your lane while you are driving alongside him and he doesn't see you ( happened to me recently when just exiting the motorway, stupid coach indicated and then proceeded to move onto my lane while I was driving alongside him forcing me onto the shoulder lane :mad:).

Associate
hornblasters.com
:D :D

The videos are absolutely hilarious

Damn thats a "blast" from the past (pardon the pun!)

Funny thing is that i've got the exact same set up in the boot of my impala, but instead of blowing a train horn it raises the car up from the tarmac 8 inches and drops it on the deck with 4 wheel control....

I know which game i'd rather play...

impala-v-scoobywheelsday-jpg.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

3527009416_7dfcf68b15_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom