House security what you got?

Associate
Camera up front and Ring alarm system on all doors/windows, the base unit has battery + 3G net backup, which I found out works very well when coming in once with the system armed by accident and the mobile app in the middle of updating, unplugging it did nothing, I had to chuck the thing under the sink to reduce the noise until app worked, it's incredibly loud even without an external siren.
Very impressed with it overall, had that one issue with the app being unavailable but otherwise all the sensors work as they should and batteries last ages.
I would probably want a wired system in addition though, if in a high crime area or if I had high value/targeted items, for the extra reliability.

Had a few people sniffing round over the years, but only chancers who try the door handle and walk off.
It helps that the door handle is so stiff, even if it wasn't locked, they wouldn't have realised it anyway :D
Cheap car helps too, dirtier the better.

Soldato
Is the front of your house fully visible from the road? It's better in my opinion not to have cover like high hedges as this gives thieves more confidence that they won't be seen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom