Housing crisis solutions

Associate
I'm guessing not many are doing this here? Buying up houses, doing them up then selling them?

A lot of property that is in need of refurbishment is bought at a price that is too expensive to make any profit, if sold at the current market value of a tidy property after the necessary repairs have been carried out.

Often the price of housing has gone up regardless of any 'improvements' giving an illusion of adding any actual value. Then you have the issue of losing any profits by having to fork out more for the increased price of the next refurbishment project.

Man of Honour
It is possible, and I know some people making a lot of money from doing it. You just have to be very very shrewd and more than anything do your homework!

You have to really know what you are doing though - I know a couple who used to do it professionally renovating/caretaking boats and houses, etc. including some buying, doing up, selling on - made a fair living from it but meant travelling a lot.

EDIT: I suspect they were able to buy stuff in bulk, etc. though and maximise profits in a way someone doing 1-2 houses on the side couldn't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom