HOW DO I BUILD MY PC NOW IVE BOUGHT ALL THE BITS?

Associate
Ive bought a loads of bits for my first gaming pc and i need to know 2 things:

1. do i need anymore bits before i begin putting it together?
2. how do i put it together?

Here are the bits....really need your help

CASE
ANTEC 300 CASE

MONITOR
AG NEOVO H-W22 MONITOR

COOLER + FAN
THRIGHT ULTRA EXTREME COOLER
NOCTUA 120 VORTEX CONTROL FAN

CPU
INTEL Q6700 CPU

MOTHERBOARD
ASUS P5Q-E iP45 S 775 PCI-E 2.0 (x16) DDR2

RAM
4GB (2x2GB) CORSAIR TWINX DDR2 XMS2, PC2-8500 (1066)

OPTICAL DRIVE
LG GGC-H20L BLURAY DRIVE

GRAPHICS PROCESSOR
XFX GTX 260 XT GPU

HARD-DRIVE
SEAGATE BARRA 500MB

PSU
XCLIO X14S4P4 650W PSU

RJC

RJC

Don
Another link may be usefull - Clicky

All bits are there, but you will need to check for heatsink paste for the cpu.
And don't forget the 8 pin power for the cpu, this is placed top right hand side on the motherboard.

Associate
Just make sure you have all cables i.e SATA's and IDE's etc
Have you got all your software for the build once it is finished if not you can use the windows 7 beta if you havent got an OS which will last until it is officially released.
if anything goes wrong check all the connections and make sure your psu is properly installed.
obviously you will need the screwdrivers.
Remember to put the spacers between the board and the case as you could short out the board on the case itself.

Rowan :)

Associate
If you want to check all the components work correctly, then assembly outside the case, to stop any short circuiting. I would suggest placing it on a large flat work surface, and putting the motherboard box and PSU on the work surface. I would then place the motherboard on top of the box, and build the parts on top of the motherboard’s box. Once you are sure it’s all working fine put in the case, and you are happy. Remember to take advice from all the people above as it is great help.

Associate
Take your time have an anti static wrist strap if your really that new to building pc's read everything that comes with your components (assuming you have bought them brand new). Do a basic build outside the case first with your cpu in and single stick of ram and gfx card. Always make sure you have the mobo spacers in and carefully check all your connections and make sure everything is seated nicely.

Watch the clips mentioned above and write down anything in them you think might be useful. For those saying he is a bit daft for getting the bits without knowing if he can do it remember we all had a first time and not everyone has the good luck to have techie m8's or natural inclination. He isn't that daft he came here and asked for advice which is smarter then a lot of people i have known who have only come to me after trying and ballsing it right up :).

Associate
For the most part everything has a fairly clear place it goes - if something doesn't go in easily, you're doing it wrong. Stop and try again.

The main things to remember are the stand-offs between the motherboard and tray, and to take care putting your heat sink onto your CPU. Other than that just read the manual if you're unsure.

Everyone has to start somewhere, although it's often best to try it on someone elses hardware first :)

Associate
OP
one of those videos says dont touch your cpu chip without grounding yourself.

when i bought the cpu i took it out of the box to see it and probably handled it at some point - please dont tell me ive screwed it???

Back
Top Bottom