• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: How do you game? Upscaling or native? (updated poll choices - 24/12, revote!)

How do you game?

• Total voters
Soldato
1080Ti atm so I use FSR if the game allows it ( e.g. God of War, NFS, Horizon Zero dawn) to 4k as I play on 75'' TV.
Older games I just play native 2160p (NFSU2 looks superb on 4k imho) or 1080p, depending on performance, 1080p is still very pretty (needs MSAA though or anything better than FXAA), just not so much wow as 4k...

Very tempted to upgrade to 4070 Super, 7900XT is also nice but I feel it lacks the AI features and I've been Team Green for the past 15 years because of drivers, I prever the nvidia CPL and heard to much horror stories about AMD drivers. I do have a 5700Xt in work Pc though but have not gamed much on it yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Very tempted to upgrade to 4070 Super, 7900XT is also nice but I feel it lacks the AI features and I've been Team Green for the past 15 years because of drivers, I prever the nvidia CPL and heard to much horror stories about AMD drivers. I do have a 5700Xt in work Pc though but have not gamed much on it yet.
While I prefer Nvidia GPUs for the features I don’t think the Nvidia drivers are any better than AMD these days, maybe even worse since they shifted over a large part of the gaming driver team to AI.

Soldato
While I prefer Nvidia GPUs for the features I don’t think the Nvidia drivers are any better than AMD these days, maybe even worse since they shifted over a large part of the gaming driver team to AI.
I see where you're coming from but I've returned a 7900 XTX partly because of a glaring driver bug that had existed for over a year where the idle power tripled from 30W to 100W when idle when using more than one >60Hz monitor. (I think it might be fixed now but too late for me)

Never had anything like that with a NVidia GPU.

Last edited:
Associate
I see where you're coming from but I've returned a 7900 XTX partly because of a glaring driver bug that had existed for over a year where the idle power tripled from 30W to 100W when idle when using more than one >60Hz monitor. (I think it might be fixed now but too late for me)

Never had anything like that with a NVidia GPU.
You're lucky then, because nVidia have had problems with high idle power usage in more or less every generation as far back as I can remember. Intel have had problems with their Arc GPUs too, so it's all three GPU companies that can't do it right.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Very interesting read:

2 main bits that might appeal to others more:

nDnRPcA.png

Man of Honour
Dying Light 2 Reloaded Edition using the Ray Traced High preset at 5160x2160 render:

Like many other games and time and time again, DLSS offers better than native sharpness and superior performance. It's an obvious no brainer. Do you like better image quality? Better fps? Well here you go lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom