1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

How do you listen your gaming audio?

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by robfosters, Oct 11, 2018.

1. robfosters

Caporegime

Do you just use the telly speaker, dedicated speakers or are you a headset gamer?

I have just bought a new monitor that is speakerless. I am currently using a pair of sennheisers plugged into the pad (PS4), but am getting a bit fed up of the weight, wire and roasting ears lol.

Don’t know whether to try a wireless headset or see if I can get some decent USB speakers to plug into the console. Any advice?

2. azazl187

Wise Guy

I have Logitec 540 5.1 surround sound for daytime gaming and when I need some bass running off a dedicated sound card. I've got some Razer Kraken Chomas for evening and night time gaming when I don't want to wake up the kids and wife

3. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

I have a big 5.1 sound system for single player games (for the 'atmosphere' :p), but always a headset for MP so I can hear footsteps clearly and all that. Depends what you play I'd say, but there's no way I could play MP games without a headset so if I'm faced with buying one or the other, then I'd go with that. I use Logitech G430 which gets the job done.

4. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

5.1 setup when wife out or sim racing. Headphones when play FPS games

5. robfosters

Caporegime

I like the atmosphere too for single players like TR and RDR2, but I can’t have a surround sound system where I am. I was kind of thinking the headset would be good for atmosphere. Some are 7.1 now, well, claim to be anyway, how it works in practice is a different story altogether.

6. mame

Sgarrista

I use over-ear headphones plugged into PS4/Xbox conroller. Cost about £25. Not that bothered about having wireless. It's more immersive than speakers. The one that always gets me is rain in a game as you can just hear rain all around you.

7. Shawreyboy

Hitman

General gaming - through the TV (LG c7 55" OLED). It has down firing speakers designed by Harman Kardon (not a touch on what they installed in my BMW) but better than most normal TV speakers. If competitive/FPS gaming then I use my Plantronics RIG 800LX.

Shawrey

8. TheVoice

Capodecina

Samsung HW-MS650 soundbar with wireless rear speakers, it's great.

9. Marvt74

Capodecina

I have a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless headphones which connect to my TV. I tend to play on stuff when my wifes gone to bed so headphones help that.

10. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

single player - tv speakers is enough
    multiplayer - astro mixamp with either sennheiser HD558's, akg Q701's or beyerdynamic dt770's. i also have sennheiser hd700's which are supposed to be amazing for gaming but yet to try them for that.

the best are the Q701's but it's hard to get a decent separate mic. i have the antlion modmic but everyone says it sounds crap on the ps4. so i switched to a sennheiser all in one solution now when i'm gaming with friends.

11. sHo0sH

Mobster

I use an Astro Mixamp wirelesson the PS4 with some Sennheiser HD650's and an Antlion Modmic - Absolutely love this setup.

12. Scort

Mobster

Xbone/PS4 > Yamaha Amp > 5.1 speakers.

If playing late at night, then I user headphones on the PS4, and, erm nothing on the Xbone - it doesn't get much love.

13. steinooo

Mobster

Xbox One > Denon AVR > 3.1 speakers waiting for a new carpet to run the cable to make it 5.1 CANNOT WAIT

14. Amatsubu

Wise Guy

An old Marantz amp, back when they were still made in Japan, and a pair of Avance Omega 503's.

For PS4 Pro i just use my monitor's built-in speakers, they're pretty decent.

15. MagicBoy

Capodecina

Sony AV Amp + Tannoy Mercury 5.1 speakers.

16. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Everything through my Yamaha 2700 sound bar set up as 7.1. Have never used the tv speakers...

17. Chris1712

Sgarrista

During the day / empty house through my home cinema setup, Yamaha Aventage + Monitor Audio Silver 5.1. Night time / secret gaming Sony Platinum Headset :).

18. DIABLO

Soldato

Sound Bar+woofer i can't get on with a headset it's just too direct if you know what i mean.

19. McBain

Capodecina

The speakers in my Sammy TV are surprisingly good so I just use them.

20. TripleT

Sgarrista

I used to swear by speakers but then i tried a headset and its so much more immersive and clearer so use a Turtle Beach XO Sevens, great for the price.