1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you listen your gaming audio?

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by robfosters, Oct 11, 2018.

1. robfosters

Capodecina

Do you just use the telly speaker, dedicated speakers or are you a headset gamer?

I have just bought a new monitor that is speakerless. I am currently using a pair of sennheisers plugged into the pad (PS4), but am getting a bit fed up of the weight, wire and roasting ears lol.

Don’t know whether to try a wireless headset or see if I can get some decent USB speakers to plug into the console. Any advice?

2. azazl187

Hitman

I have Logitec 540 5.1 surround sound for daytime gaming and when I need some bass running off a dedicated sound card. I've got some Razer Kraken Chomas for evening and night time gaming when I don't want to wake up the kids and wife

3. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

I have a big 5.1 sound system for single player games (for the 'atmosphere' :p), but always a headset for MP so I can hear footsteps clearly and all that. Depends what you play I'd say, but there's no way I could play MP games without a headset so if I'm faced with buying one or the other, then I'd go with that. I use Logitech G430 which gets the job done.

4. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

5.1 setup when wife out or sim racing. Headphones when play FPS games

5. robfosters

Capodecina

I like the atmosphere too for single players like TR and RDR2, but I can’t have a surround sound system where I am. I was kind of thinking the headset would be good for atmosphere. Some are 7.1 now, well, claim to be anyway, how it works in practice is a different story altogether.

6. mame

Sgarrista

I use over-ear headphones plugged into PS4/Xbox conroller. Cost about £25. Not that bothered about having wireless. It's more immersive than speakers. The one that always gets me is rain in a game as you can just hear rain all around you.

7. Shawreyboy

Hitman

General gaming - through the TV (LG c7 55" OLED). It has down firing speakers designed by Harman Kardon (not a touch on what they installed in my BMW) but better than most normal TV speakers. If competitive/FPS gaming then I use my Plantronics RIG 800LX.

Shawrey

8. TheVoice

Capodecina

Samsung HW-MS650 soundbar with wireless rear speakers, it's great.

9. Marvt74

Capodecina

I have a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless headphones which connect to my TV. I tend to play on stuff when my wifes gone to bed so headphones help that.

10. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

single player - tv speakers is enough
    multiplayer - astro mixamp with either sennheiser HD558's, akg Q701's or beyerdynamic dt770's. i also have sennheiser hd700's which are supposed to be amazing for gaming but yet to try them for that.

the best are the Q701's but it's hard to get a decent separate mic. i have the antlion modmic but everyone says it sounds crap on the ps4. so i switched to a sennheiser all in one solution now when i'm gaming with friends.

11. sHo0sH

Mobster

I use an Astro Mixamp wirelesson the PS4 with some Sennheiser HD650's and an Antlion Modmic - Absolutely love this setup.

12. Scort

Mobster

Xbone/PS4 > Yamaha Amp > 5.1 speakers.

If playing late at night, then I user headphones on the PS4, and, erm nothing on the Xbone - it doesn't get much love.

13. steinooo

Mobster

Xbox One > Denon AVR > 3.1 speakers waiting for a new carpet to run the cable to make it 5.1 CANNOT WAIT

14. Amatsubu

Wise Guy

An old Marantz amp, back when they were still made in Japan, and a pair of Avance Omega 503's.

For PS4 Pro i just use my monitor's built-in speakers, they're pretty decent.

15. MagicBoy

Capodecina

Sony AV Amp + Tannoy Mercury 5.1 speakers.

16. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Everything through my Yamaha 2700 sound bar set up as 7.1. Have never used the tv speakers...

17. Chris1712

Sgarrista

During the day / empty house through my home cinema setup, Yamaha Aventage + Monitor Audio Silver 5.1. Night time / secret gaming Sony Platinum Headset :).

18. DIABLO

Soldato

Sound Bar+woofer i can't get on with a headset it's just too direct if you know what i mean.

19. McBain

Capodecina

The speakers in my Sammy TV are surprisingly good so I just use them.

20. TripleT

Sgarrista

I used to swear by speakers but then i tried a headset and its so much more immersive and clearer so use a Turtle Beach XO Sevens, great for the price.