How do you listen your gaming audio?

Associate
My PS4 Pro and Xbox 1X are connected through my Arcam AVR850 AV Amp and 7 PMC Wafer 2's with Dolby Atmos speakers in the ceiling and a rather big REL R528 SE subwoofer.

It gets used for movies more than games but it still gets used for a fair bit of gaming!

Sounds great!

Caporegime
The speakers in my Sammy TV are surprisingly good so I just use them.

i've had a lot of top of the line tv's and the only one with decent sound are the new lg's with harmon kardon. so good someone thought i was using my full 5.1 monitor audio set up.

i guess it's what you are used to if you think they are good then probably best you never listen to a proper set up.

Soldato
Caporegime
i've had a lot of top of the line tv's and the only one with decent sound are the new lg's with harmon kardon. so good someone thought i was using my full 5.1 monitor audio set up.

i guess it's what you are used to if you think they are good then probably best you never listen to a proper set up.

I've had a 'proper setup' in the past, the TV speakers are more than adequate for my needs.

Soldato
I have a Sound-bar that I use for all my "room" audio. If gaming on the headset, I use the Turtle Beach Stealth 600's. Not bad for the money tbh!

Soldato
Been using apple ear pods plugged in to the controller. But they are on their last legs now...upgrade due soon. Are astro's worth the cost?

Not really. They're pretty overpriced for what they are.

Having used a number of different gaming headsets, varying from £30 to £300, the best value for money for me was the HyperX Alpha, but I managed to get them for £59 during a sale.

If you can get them for <£80, they'd still be worth it to me.

The PS4 controller doesn't power them all that well though from what I've heard

Edit:

For the front room, I use my 2.1 speakers or headset if I'm playing FPS/on chat.

In the office, I only use a headset as my girlfriend is often in there at the same time playing something :)

Much prefer a headset for anything competitive, but for chilling out playing, a decent 2.1 system is really nice

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom