How late is too late for a night out

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Used to go out late when i was younger, now i prefer to go out early and get in at a reasonable time. I love sleep too much
its not just sleep..if you roll in at 6am on a sunday morning you are wasting the rest of the day

if you only get a weekend off why would you spend half of it in bed doing nothing

I prefer to use normal pub opening hours then I can still go for a cycle or a walk or fishing or do some stuff on the house..time is precious, spend it doing something rather than nothing

Man of Honour
My dads always been an advocate of Saturday afternoon drinking, out at 2/3, home by 7/8 at the latest, dinner, bit of time in front of the tv then bed.

Means you don't waste Sunday dying or sleeping and now that my weekends are the only me time I get I've got to agree with him.

Associate
its not just sleep..if you roll in at 6am on a sunday morning you are wasting the rest of the day

if you only get a weekend off why would you spend half of it in bed doing nothing.

Sunday is my only day off, and regardless of whether or not I go out on Saturday, I'll still spend (at least) half of it in bed sleeping :p

Caporegime

if you only get a weekend off why would you spend half of it in bed doing nothing

I prefer to use normal pub opening hours then I can still go for a cycle or a walk or fishing or do some stuff on the house..time is precious, spend it doing something rather than nothing

Well, you would have been in bed between 11pm-9am doing nothing anyway, so really you are only forgoing about a quarter of your weekend at most :p

Soldato
situational isn't it - if you're going to meet friends for a quick social or after work drink i normally head out straight from work, but i'm certainly not going out after 10 really, and even that's too late 95% of the time. When i was younger i'd have gone out at anything up to 1am for drinks round a mates house mind. But if i'm going out-out i'll have a few pre-drinks around 8 with mates and then head out any time between 11pm-1am though normally before 12 though to avoid queuing too long at the club - home anytime after 4am

B@

Soldato
My dads always been an advocate of Saturday afternoon drinking, out at 2/3, home by 7/8 at the latest, dinner, bit of time in front of the tv then bed.

Means you don't waste Sunday dying or sleeping and now that my weekends are the only me time I get I've got to agree with him.
Or don't drink heavily and don't waste your life recovering from hangovers :D

I haz 4090!
Don
I'm over thirty and spent 4 years doing nightshifts so the excitement of being up until the sun rises gets rather old. I honestly think the whole "we were out until 7am" is pretty childish and just an extension of a 6yr olds behaviour of not wanting to go to bed when you should :p You may as well hit the pub/drink early evening and make the most of your night. Have a fun night out without having to sleep all weekend. Once you work full time the weekend gets precious. Having to sleep off a hangover feels like a waste.

Man after my own heart! If I go stupid when I'm out and have a two day hangover, I beat myself up about it until at least Wednesday. Those 4am clubbing days are way behind me.

Soldato
That's always fun, especially go out for a pub lunch, a few beers afterwards. Problem is when you hit 7pm and everyone gets a bit peckish it's often easier to stay out for dinner.. then carry-on drinking :o

Soldato
Everything is very different now.

When I was 18-20 we used to have a few drinks in house then be out by 7.30. Do a route to the Nightclubs via every bar selling "fishbowls" and black russians. Do some clubbing and then get chucked out around 2-3am.

It's a shame it's not like that now because the most fun and sociable times were always the bars before the clubs.

Back
Top Bottom