How long do dell normally take?

Permabanned
I ordered a Dell Studio 15 yesterday at 8pm, anybody got any clues? It was the 2nd set spec, for 499, i then added one of the colours to it and selected a carry case. Once they have processed the money (can this happen on a saturday?) will it be a few days?

Permabanned
OP
holly crap those new art works look awesome. I wouldn't get one, because i get bored of art however, those do look phenomenal! Now dell do these artwork styles, what do Sony and the likes really have over dell for looks?

red swirl and bunch o surfers are probably my favorites!

Permabanned
OP
Well im going to phone up tomorrow if it's still in pre-production and find out whats going on. I'm off to uni on the 20th so i need a backup choice etc if they are not going to send it to me before then!

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
still pre-production :rolleyes: been e-mailing

Thank you for your e-mail.

Our manufacturing facility have advised us of a revised shipping date 09 Sep 2008 due to some unexpected delay.

However, the estimated delivery date is subject to change depending on the availability of the parts.

So it seems, it is still set to be delivered on the 9th, with a chance of it being further delayed. Would like it asap really though :(

For a big company they are very un-organised. If i was running that company my thought process would be.....New product going to be relased, stockpile LOADS of the parts before releasing. Then it gets to june time.....start ordering LOADS of stock ready for the start of the education year and hence a lot of orders just before!

Oh-well

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T9300 (2.50 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 6 MB L2 cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 including Media
1 Year Base Warranty
2.0 mega pixel Camera & Tuxedo Black for CCFL Display
15.4" Widescreen WUXGA (1920x1200) TFT Display with TrueLife™
4096MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x2048]
320GB (5.400rpm) SATA Hard Drive
NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 8600M GT with 256MB dedicated graphic memory
Fixed 8x DVD+/-RW Slim Slot Load drive, including SW
Primary 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (85 WHr)

I'm just wondering if they've given it priority with it going through my business account.

:( why is mine still in pre-production :( Going to speak to an Indian tomorrow if it doesn't change. I ordered it on the 15th of August :rolleyes:

Permabanned
OP
sent them a nice e-mail

Why is it taking so long? I need this laptop soon. If it has not shifted from pre-production to in production soon then i will have to cancel the order and purchase a laptop from a competitor company as they all seem able to sell laptops without the ridiculous waiting times. This will also force me to right numerous bad reviews about dell and the products. Please pass this email on to somebody that knows what is happening in the warehouse.

Thanks.

Permabanned
OP
Bit much if it is to be honest. While I'm not complaining of course, I'm a big believer that the colour of money is the same no matter who you are.

Just as a thought, have you considered cancelling full stop and re-ordering to see if it comes quicker or don't you wanna take that chance?

LOL sounds an incredibly stupid thing to do tbh :p

how about you order one for me and when you tell me it's delivery date i'll do a bank transfer?

Permabanned
OP
Dear Frosted Nipple,

There is a technical problem with the order status webpage due to which the status of your order is reflecting as pre production. I have
checked the records and confirm that your order is in production. I apologise for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

Due to high volume of orders your order is getting delayed at the production stage. You should expect delivery of your order on (or before) 09 Sep 2008. However, as stated earlier will always try and improve the delivery date on your order.

If you still feel that the delay is unacceptable , I will go ahead and cancel the order , but I would truly appreciate if you can reconsider the situation.

Regards
Swechcha (lol i can't even pronounce that)
Dell Customer Service

This has made me slightly happier. It has said 9th all long so that is ok. As long as it doesn't get delayed further than the 9th is good. If you threated to cancel they will do something. Even if they have thousands of orders they can't have cancellations, if everybody did then they would be back to 0

Back
Top Bottom