How long do dell normally take?

Soldato
Oh wow, I hadn't realised you could customise the deals..

When I customise the second one (-£50) to the same spec as the base one, it saves me £90 somehow :p

Any ideas why?

3gb Ram
250gb hd
Standard screen
Topo w/ red surround
Backlit keyboard
Radeon 3450

Customising the basic one to this spec gives me £660, while customising the £50 off gives it as £570. Win!

Soldato
I ordered a Dell Studio 15 yesterday at 8pm, anybody got any clues? It was the 2nd set spec, for 499, i then added one of the colours to it and selected a carry case. Once they have processed the money (can this happen on a saturday?) will it be a few days?

The last 3 customised Dell's I've bought arrived 2 days after ordering, the only time I've ever had a delay was when a few parts were out of stock.

Associate
I think the delays will be increase by the number of students ordering laptops at the moment, I've ordered the topo with black trim and I'm hoping it turns up way before the eta of the 15th of sept because thats when i go to uni

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Couple of guys at work both had their laptops within 10 days.
However our supplier also warned us that there may be delays with some systems, but this was relating to business machines.

Andrew

Associate
Can't remember the exact dates but was something in the region of 3 weeks. This is back when the M1730 with dual 8800m GTX's came out and there was an ordering frenzy :D

Caporegime
They aren't going to speed up an order just because you threaten to cancel, Dell don't know what customer service means. I've just cancelled an order I placed on the 30th July for a Studio 15 with an eta of 28th August that slipped to 12th September. Nobody could/wanted to explain why I was told a week ago that all the parts were in stock and it was currently being assembled, since apparantly nobody has access to those details and the sales people must have "made a mistake" (read: made it up).

The only time I'd consider Dell would be where I badly needed to save £50 and didn't mind wasting time trying to clear up after their mistakes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered mine. Not an epic price, but I think I got a reasonable discount.

Studio 15
Standard screen
T5750
3GB
ATI 3450 mobility
250gb hd
Bluetooth
Wireless
Topo pattern + red trim
Backlit Keyboard
Media Remote
works + word
and a 3yr warranty thrown in.

For £637, so it saves a bit of money over ordering on the internet. She didn't want to budge much and wouldn't throw in extras without reducing the discount.

Associate
Mine took 2 weeks, you were aware of the upto 4 weeks delivery time upon selling and threatening to cancel will mean nothing to Dell (I wouldn't even like to hazard a guess at how mnay orders they get daily).

Permabanned
OP
Well im going to phone up tomorrow if it's still in pre-production and find out whats going on. I'm off to uni on the 20th so i need a backup choice etc if they are not going to send it to me before then!

Last edited:
Associate
anyone know where to get coupon codes to get some discount? student discount or somethin, im thinking of getting one before i go to uni in a few weeks

Back
Top Bottom