How long do your boots last?

Soldato
When I turned up in steel toe caps for my CBT the instructor told me the a similar thing, something about if you get your foot run over it might cut into your toes.
They issue these boots to people who work around heavy plant, so that in the event of their feet getting run over (which DOES happen a lot, based on the number of RIDDOR reports on the system), they specifically do not get squished!!

TBH, I just wear the BCH combat boots issued in 1982.
Enough thick leather to guard against abraision, narrow enough to avoid catching, hard-wearing and sufficiently adaptable that I can wear them off the bike and not have to somehow carry a spare set of size-11s along with all the other bulky gumph - Essential for commuting, IMO.

Associate
alpinestars_boots_fastbacks_black-white.jpg

I have these boots and they're class. Sturdy protection and suitable for summer use. Probably not suitable for those of you who go extreme speeds but perfectly good for my 125. Waterproof too and look good with a pair of armoured jeans, comfortable for walking around town too without big cumbersome mcycle boots. £118 from my local J&S.

Had a few compliments from my non biker friends too! Definitely not a bad looking boot.

Man of Honour
Id take it with a pinch of salt andbit being a "friend of a friend story".

Seriously though get a boot and try to figure out how you could even make that happen.

Then think your foot is inside it so it isnt going to fold back and cut in its going to snap your foot in half and bend it back on itself.

You can do whatever you want. My friend had no reason to lie and it's just not worth the risk for me.

Soldato
I've had these since last year and they are great, really comfy, allows you to feel the gear lever and are also fine for walking in.

I have some rst boots but they don't feel right when changing gear.

PJYPY0s.jpg

Soldato
I've had these since last year and they are great, really comfy, allows you to feel the gear lever and are also fine for walking in.

I have some rst boots but they don't feel right when changing gear.

PJYPY0s.jpg

Have you worn them? :eek::p

Oh and I nearly googled Aplinestar x99.... Doh! What model are they?

Soldato
I had pumas which wore a little, but other than that I've not had any wear. I've had Sidi Vortice for 2ish years now and they're not worn at all, but if they even did, lots of the boot are replaceable in the wear areas. The left toe is reinforced for the gear shift and the soles are replaceable, as well as all the fasteners etc.

Soldato
Had my Alpine Star SMX (in white lol)... paid £140 instead of £200+ I think due to colour and I've done 20k miles in them, track days, 3 seperate tours fo Europe... epic boot and will buy exactly the same again when they go... not a single thing wrong apart from now looking grey!

Associate
alpinestars supertech. been 10 years in these and absolute quality. the only reason they're getting replaced is because the zip (bit you pull) has fallen off both boots. brilliant boots

Caporegime
I've had a pair of Oxford bone dry boots for three years. They're pretty scuffed up on the uppers but there's not too much ware anywhere else and they're still 100% waterproof. I'm now on a pair of TCX Airtech goretex boots and while they don't look too sturdy seem to be holding up pretty well after a year both on sole ware and on the uppers. Both pairs are good to walk in too which I need.

Back
Top Bottom