How long have you been with the same network?

Soldato
Our work phones were on Orange so when I retired 20 yrs ago I went for Orange - I then bought a dual sim phone and went on Giff Gaf only to find after three days of trying to connect (didn't know signal bars lit up when you had a signal) we had no signal here at home so it was a back up - Earlier this year a new mast went up and now GG works well but the Orange signal has dropped from full to half signal.

Permabanned
To be fair I'm with Three now and they are the first to announce 5G in my city. Even if they don't upgrade existing customers like with 4G, it will at least take the pressure off the latter infrastructure.

Optimism, I like it.

Sadly I doubt 5G will improve 4G on Three, it's shockingly bad here in Cardiff, currently getting around 1 to 2.5Mbps download, Three's 4G speeds are pathetic.

Can't wait to leave them, might even leave early.

Associate
I change as soon as I find a better offer/ deal although I'm currently with BT and I doubt I'll be swapping again due to getting double data unlimited calls/ texts and if my WiFi goes down I get unlimited data so they've pretty much given me a reason to never leave lol

Soldato
Optimism, I like it.

Sadly I doubt 5G will improve 4G on Three, it's shockingly bad here in Cardiff, currently getting around 1 to 2.5Mbps download, Three's 4G speeds are pathetic.

Can't wait to leave them, might even leave early.

Funnily enough I did leave them in April, had Vodafone and O2 since who are better, but was enticed back in with the S10e offer and more data then I will use.

So yeah, gotten be an optimist since I've two years to go with then :D

Man of Honour
IIRC first went with O2 sometime in the 90s as at the time they were about the only one that had an overall presentation of a professional company working to a standard and had their head in the game - sadly not something they stand out for any more. Around 2007 I swapped to Vodafone and dropped O2 (though kept a payg plan as a backup until recently) sometime around 2009 as Vodafone had better offerings, better prices and more forward looking in approach and atleast around the areas I frequented while O2 you had a bit better chance of getting any kind of connection at all in remote parts anywhere you had a signal from both providers Vodafone had better call sound quality/less dropouts and better data speeds. I've stuck with Vodafone for the last ~12 years for the most part they've just worked and offerings have been reasonable though I'm getting somewhat annoyed by their constant advertising - some weeks I get like 3 letters, 5 text messages/calls and 1-2 emails advertising for their ****** broadband and if I was ever going to take it up I certainly won't now! I've recently started using Virgin Mobile (who use EE) for a secondary provider and 4G data and so far been fairly impressed to be fair.

Along the way I've used other providers like GiffGaff mostly for secondary/backup or failover data purposes, etc. but largely the results haven't been great and family members who use or used some of the other providers have had a worse experience over the years than I have.

Hmm, I will likely stay with Virgin Mobile tbh, the data package is really good with rollover and the price matches Three (or beats even). Might switch to EE depending on what the 5G uptake is like in a year's time or two.

I have to say I really like Virgin Mobile's approach to data rollover - I'm not sure if it is intentional or an oversight on their part as it usually works out quite generous - more so than other providers - and a big factor in me potentially sticking with them - it has been a godsend for me after moving to a place with poor wired broadband but able to somehow get a decent 4G connection with VM/EE despite conditions that you wouldn't think would enable that.

Soldato
Was with Virgin PAYG for nearly a decade until I got a smartphone. Started with O2 but only stuck with them for about a couple of years until I heard of giffgaff (from here as well) who did unlimited 3G data back then. But then 4G came along and they changed their packages, with data no longer being unlimited and they started having speed issues. Currently on BT mobile which I've been for about 3 years and recently renewed since I haven't found anything that beats them for price/data/speed, and I also get the £5 discount for having BT broadband. Three I did have a play with but I still find a fair few black spots with them.

Soldato
I switched to Virgin Mobile about four months ago as I got the SIM contract deal as a bundle when signing up to their business broadband. Before that, I was on PAYG with o2.

Caporegime
Been with Sky Mobile for about two and a half years now. I get half price data and all Sky TV customers get free unlimited calls and texts. Currently 12Gb is £12pm and 30Gb is £25pm. Unused Data rolls over each month too and can be used for discounts on accessories or even money off your next phone.

SIM only at the moment on my phone though. Still haven’t seen anything that makes me go ‘wow!’ Over my S7.

Associate
I've been with Vodafone for about 8 years after being with Three for maybe 4 years. Swapped to Vodafone not for their legendary customer support :rolleyes: but because they have the best mobile reception in my rural location. EE have got better but don't have the 'old' building penetration of Vodafone though that said I've not been able to try EE's Band20 (?) not having tried them on contract. No 4G coverage with Three here and O2 similar to Vodafone.

Caporegime
Sky have just refreshed their Data plans:

1GB = £4.50

4GB = £9

8GB = £7

20GB = £15

40GB = £22.50
This is with 25% off for 12 months. They use the O2 masts.

Soldato
Sky have just refreshed their Data plans:

1GB = £4.50

4GB = £9

8GB = £7

20GB = £15

40GB = £22.50
This is with 25% off for 12 months. They use the O2 masts.

Why are they all so much more expensive than Three, i get more data for less money on Three so thats where i have been for as long as they have been around. Loads dont offer enough data either.

Back
Top Bottom