How long have you been with the same network?

Caporegime
Why are they all so much more expensive than Three, i get more data for less money on Three so thats where i have been for as long as they have been around. Loads dont offer enough data either.
Are they really so much more expensive? They beat most providers.
Looking at the Three website they're about on par or better unless you absolutely rinse it every month?
4GB £12pm (Sky offer 4GB for £9pm)
12GB £15pm (Sky give 20GB for this price)
30GB £20pm (£2.50 extra per month for another 10GB with Sky)
Unlimited for £22pm is a good deal though but many months you're likely not using more than 30GB so paying extra.

Man of Honour
Unlimited for £22pm is a good deal though but many months you're likely not using more than 30GB so paying extra.

The ~£20-25/m is a crowded point at the moment - with a lot of deals popping up if you keep an eye out can bag 100-200GB with Voda, Virgin and EE. Sadly I just missed the 200GB VM one but got 120GB for £20/m - also some of those plans are unlimited if you already have a broadband or TV plan, etc. not sure if that is the case with Sky or not as I've not checked.

Caporegime
The ~£20-25/m is a crowded point at the moment - with a lot of deals popping up if you keep an eye out can bag 100-200GB with Voda, Virgin and EE. Sadly I just missed the 200GB VM one but got 120GB for £20/m - also some of those plans are unlimited if you already have a broadband or TV plan, etc. not sure if that is the case with Sky or not as I've not checked.
We don't do an unlimited plan. When asked Management said that when looking at the data only about 10% use more than 10GB per month and only a small number, around 1-2% use more than about 30GB per month. With Sky your data rolls into your piggy bank so if you don't use it all then have a heavy month you can use that piggybank to roll back any unused data.

Associate
Personally with o2 since 2004. Not changed since. Might have switched between 2005 and 2007, but during a period of time there, o2 suffered a London wide outage. A few of the other work phones were also o2, and only the others on other networks were still functioning. This changed my outlook on having too many on the same network. So within the family, there was enough members that we were at least one on each network. And to reduce doubling up and not being able to be contacted, we basically stuck to particular networks to prevent outages from isolating a group from being reachable in case we're needed. So a fair while for us here in my family (to our own attached networks).

Soldato
Been with Three since the release of the Galaxy s2, So 8 years I think?

Why are they all so much more expensive than Three, i get more data for less money on Three so thats where i have been for as long as they have been around. Loads dont offer enough data either.

Indeed I get unlimited everything, plus feel at home & tethering for £22 a month.

I got my first phone in 2000. A bit late on the bandwagon as I was already 22 years old and a person of that age would have been on their 2nd or 3rd phone by then.

Anyway, started in 2000 with Orange which we all know is now EE. So been with them for 19 years. Then only this year I've sacked them off as their prices have been steadily increasing for their Samsung S-series phones. So I'm now sim-only with Three with a Samsung A70 (A-series is 1 down from the S-series). Managed to port my phone number across, so I'll have that number for 19 years and counting.

Soldato
EE for 3 years. Tried them all and EE is best for me at home and work. If virgin goes down I can hook up to phone and supply main pc with 50gb down. Also get 20% discount via work so doubt I will leave

Soldato
Still on T-Mobile Full Monty plan, it's gone up to £21/mo now through RPI increases and online billing no longer works. Currently trying Vodafone on a spare phone and liking their indoor coverage much better than the 4G EE sim I borrowed so probably going to switch.

Caporegime
been on this contract for about a year or so. before this it was giffgaff on £10/£12 a month.

4gb (rollover so I get 8GB) data, 400 mins (of which i use maybe 5), unlimited texts - £8 a month with virgin media. i use wifi at home and work so i never really use data

tbh I'd be happy with

2GB with rollover, 100 mins and 100 texts but I don't see any point in dropping from my current £8 a month as anything cheaper is significantly worse.

i could probably do with a 123 sim and just top up £10 every 3 months.

Soldato
I joined Orange back in 97 because I liked its logo the most. I moved to 3 when they launched but that was a waste of time due to their walled garden rubbish. I moved back to Orange a year later and then joined O2 to get an iPhone. I left them for EE when I moved to Bath due to reception issues, O2 really are **** outside of London. I've been with EE for around five years now.

Soldato
I was with Orange since the late 90's and when I finally canceled my Orange Every Day 50 contract the customer service person said I was probably the last person to have that contract in the country.
Once phones got so powerful that keeping them for several years became a thing I then went SIM only and because I travel a fair bit then Three is now the best option for me.

Associate
Joined Three in Dec 2014 and been with them ever since.

I moved from EE because of their 50p customer service queue jumping policy.

Haven't felt the need to move with Three due to getting unlimited minutes, 4 GB data for just £9 per month.

Back
Top Bottom