How Long Have You Off For Christmas

Don
I've got to go in to the office for one of the days in the middle (27th probably) because I need to so something with the DCs and really don't want to be remote while I do it just in case something goes badly wrong.

Soldato
Well, I’m off from the 7th December to 10th Jan this Christmas. Not entirely of my own volition seeing as my contract in my last job was ended in order to give a manger’a daughter’s boyfriend a job. But, I’m going from an agency position to a permanent job, and I’ll be working 2 weeks on, 3 weeks off as opposed to 3 weeks on 3 weeks off, without taking much a of a pay cut at all, so it ultimately worked out for the better in the end.

Soldato
I’m taking next week off.

Due to the commitments of running a company I’ve not had a day off (other than weekends obviously) since Christmas last year, so I’ve been really looking forward to it.

As luck would have it, yesterday I woke up with a throat like razor blades and now my hands have broken out in painful blisters, so I guess my toddler has brought something home from nursery.

Bah humbug…

Associate
OP
Was made redundant in October, still haven't got around to finding something ,. been using the time for extra family visits and long long walks ,surfs
I was made redundant in October 20 years ago, (the same company from school for 19 years) I decided to take a couple of months off to decide what I wanted to do, I went self employed in the end. Back into employed work last year but in a job I actually enjoy doing.

Soldato
I was made redundant in October 20 years ago, (the same company from school for 19 years) I decided to take a couple of months off to decide what I wanted to do, I went self employed in the end. Back into employed work last year but in a job I actually enjoy doing.
Yeah I did the Camino and stayed on in Spain a while on my last redundancy,.can't find direction at the moment though

Soldato
Broke up on the 14th, back on the 2nd.

Love Christmas but hate working at Christmas. Everyone all of a sudden remembers they need everything ASAP right this second, even though hey've had a whole year to prepare.

No thanks, i'll let somebody else deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom