How long have you waited be for?.

Soldato
@skipper847 shame to see you had to swap out GPU and NVMe- thats a BIG mark up on NVMe for no increase in speed

dont forget to sign in for extra 2 yr warranty! unlike AORUS you'll be unable to claim if you do it late. Also ask OCUK if Zotac has changed extended warranty claim. Is it still Hong Kong or has it been changed to all UK ...

£250 increase... should get OCUK to honor the price of zotac to the Aorus price as when you ordered it WAS in stock with plenty to spare!

Associate
OP
@skipper847 shame to see you had to swap out GPU and NVMe- thats a BIG mark up on NVMe for no increase in speed

dont forget to sign in for extra 2 yr warranty! unlike AORUS you'll be unable to claim if you do it late. Also ask OCUK if Zotac has changed extended warranty claim. Is it still Hong Kong or has it been changed to all UK ...

£250 increase... should get OCUK to honor the price of zotac to the Aorus price as when you ordered it WAS in stock with plenty to spare!

Is it still good ssd though?. lol.

Yeah I only had to pay £50 extra for SSD and didn't have to pay any extra for graphic card. They also have upgraded me to pro version of the motherboard for free. I do like the make western digital and at least its the black version and not blue.

They said SSD should have came in on 26th and gigabyte card last Friday. Seem to be a problem with the suppliers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still good ssd though?. lol.

Yeah I only had to pay £50 extra for SSD and they have upgraded me to pro version oc the motherboard for free.

nvme are good , just a fair bit more expensive - did you have down Aorus Elite before hand ?

and guessing still charged extra for Zotac as i think Aorus was £1250 when you ordered?

difference between elite or Pro :)

https://i.imgur.com/En1WhG6.jpg

quality of VRM and PCB along with better vrm cooling

Associate
OP
nvme are good , just a fair bit more expensive - did you have down Aorus Elite before hand ?

and guessing still charged extra for Zotac as i think Aorus was £1250 when you ordered?

difference between elite or Pro :)

https://i.imgur.com/En1WhG6.jpg

quality of VRM and PCB along with better vrm cooling

No he said only £50 will be taken off your card so looks like there not charging extra for card. I paid £1289 for Aorus and gone up to £1,399 even though out of stock which is same price as zotac now. It also said 4 was in stock when I bought it. Im pretty sure Zotac was £1289.99 as I did look at alternate back then when choosing. Yes it was the Aorus Elite motherboard.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Now its what game to play first.

I'm going to install No mans sky as its very small download first and that just been updated. While playing that install Star citizen.

Soldato
No he said only £50 will be taken off your card so looks like there not charging extra for card. I paid £1289 for Aorus and gone up to £1,399 even though out of stock which is same price as zotac now. It also said 4 was in stock when I bought it. Im pretty sure Zotac was £1289.99 as I did look at alternate back then when choosing. Yes it was the Aorus Elite motherboard.

mother board is a nice step up with vrm, 6 layer pcb (higher the better if your pushing ram speeds) and vrm cooling :)

no mans sky seems to be doing well now

Associate
OP
mother board is a nice step up with vrm, 6 layer pcb (higher the better if your pushing ram speeds) and vrm cooling :)

no mans sky seems to be doing well now

Cant wait now. :D

I have been playing a lot of it even be for update as it plays well at 4k on a 1080gtx but quite a few slow downs. Oculus S has bad performance people say on the 1080gtx so I will se what the 2080ti like.

Associate
OP
did you order a system of them? I ordered a new overclocked bundle yesterday the waiting reminds me of last year with my 2080ti lol..

No I ordered separate parts and asked them to put a quote up and build it up for me and install windows etc. How long did you have to wait then for that 2080ti?. I ordered just about a couple of days be for price went up as I paid £1,289 and shortly after it went up £1,399 which the ztoac card was same price. The SSD was also £128 and went up to £149 shortly after but that for me was never in stock so i dont mind changing that and paying £50 more. The gigabyte mother board Arous elite was to pre order and mid week after I ordered it 10+ came into stock but got an email saying they didnt have any and not sure when it be back in.

By the way OCUK staff I'm not trying to say bad things writing this I think your top notch company and when you get in contact you reply straight away and will continue to shop here in futre. In a couple of month i will be upgrading my Ram to 32GB if simulation games cant handle 4k as well as other games as I do play a lot of them.

Thanks OCUK and didn't mind the wait. :).

Soldato
No I ordered separate parts and asked them to put a quote up and build it up for me and install windows etc. How long did you have to wait then for that 2080ti?. I ordered just about a couple of days be for price went up as I paid £1,289 and shortly after it went up £1,399 which the ztoac card was same price. The SSD was also £128 and went up to £149 shortly after but that for me was never in stock so i dont mind changing that and paying £50 more. The gigabyte mother board Arous elite was to pre order and mid week after I ordered it 10+ came into stock but got an email saying they didnt have any and not sure when it be back in.

By the way OCUK staff I'm not trying to say bad things writing this I think your top notch company and when you get in contact you reply straight away and will continue to shop here in futre. In a couple of month i will be upgrading my Ram to 32GB if simulation games cant handle 4k as well as other games as I do play a lot of them.

Thanks OCUK and didn't mind the wait. :).[/QUOTE

about 3 months I think mate. its was nightmare but the rma of the card WAS nothing but FIRST CLASS and this is why I continue to shop here and there support is excellent..

Associate
OP
Thank you OCUK its here and looks awesome. Just installing rest of the updates and installing steam etc. Cant wait to game on it. :)

Ive been playing no mans sky as said so I'm installing that first as its a small download and will download others later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom