How many calories?

Associate
If you're having milk and sugar with your coffee.. then that's up to 800 calories a day just from those four cups. Whereas four cups of black with no sugar will be twenty calories or so overall!

It's just all about what you're used to. You've been used to having white coffee... now just get used to having black.

Does he have a cup of sugar with each mug of coffee? A teaspoon of sugar has around 25 calories and thats a heaped one.

Associate
Ok hi all,

Started to pile on the pounds a bit since I started workig in an office enviroment, Im still not fat yet but if i dont check myself it could get worse :D
So here's what I ate today, Can anyone tell me roughly how many calories I had ?
1 x bag of beef hula hoops.
2 x ham sandwiches using them small loaf slices which are wholemeal, real butter and the ham is lean wafer thin.
2 x poached eggs, 1 small tin of beans, more wafer thin ham (3 slices) and 3 slices of wholemeal toast.
4 x cups of coffee.

Thats it im guessing about 2000 calories ?:D

1 x bag of beef hula hoops. 180
2 x ham sandwiches using them small loaf slices which are wholemeal, real butter and the ham is lean wafer thin. 450-500
2 x poached eggs, 1 small tin of beans, more wafer thin ham (3 slices) and 3 slices of wholemeal toast. 600-750
4 x cups of coffee. any sugar or milk? if not, minimal i.e. 50-100 for the milk
with sugar, say two in each cup, 200-400 calories

1330 - 1830

Soldato
OP
Ok my diet is changng now:D going to eat breakfast from now on even though im never hungry when i get up.This will be Readybrek or Wheatabix, im also going to eat more fruit and veg.However i cant seem to think of a meal that is low fat, filling and above all very tasty.
Any recomendations?:D

Soldato
It's the milk, not the sugar. Skimmed milk can add about 100 calories, whole milk can add a lot more.

http://www.caloriecounting.co.uk/resources/food/coffee-calories.htm

If it's a home made cup of coffee then I'd be willing to bet it's less calories than that.
It takes over half a pint of skimmed milk to come to 100 calories - doubt he's putting that in his coffee.

And to the OP - it's easy to make healthy, nutritious and tasty meals.
Don't make the mistake of thinking that low fat = healthy and vice versa.
Just get a balanced diet and control your portion size.

Capodecina
Soldato
However i cant seem to think of a meal that is low fat, filling and above all very tasty.

Brown rice, steamed vegetables, soy sauce and spring rolls
Brown rice, chili con carne
Brown pasta, Ragu sauce/Sacla stir-in. NOT pesto!
Youngs fish pie, steamed vegetables, baked beans
Baked potato with baked beans and vegetables.

You can have a lot of rice and pasta in the above. I normally have two bowlfuls.

If you're trying to eat well and lose weight, avoid bread and cheese like the plague.

Soldato
Thats nothing mate, you just need excercise.

Today I had a massive full english baguette and a large black coffee for breakfast (freashly cooked fatty, delivered) followed by half a pack of hobnobs and a cup of tea.
Then about 4 more cups of tea and the rest of the hobnobs.
Went to the cafe for early lunch double cheeseburger, chips, beans, couple of black coffees, then a pint of coke, went to tescos, got a box of krispy cremes and a couple of bottles of kick.
Thats so far, i'm eating the krispy kremes having myself another tea break because i've been on the phone for hours to newark.

Been in since 6, only another hour and 20 to go, i don't want to see a phone for a while.

Personally, I don't care too much, i've tried the healthy thing, not for me, i don't gain or lose weight, i'm hardly skinny either.

Back
Top Bottom