how many cases have you had ?

Associate
2 for me, well proper cases excluding the family desktop generic cream cases form the 90’s. Mainly because I was console and work laptop only for 15/20 years.

I had my first self build in an Antic 900 “ultimate gaming case” with a core2duo and 8800gtx

Then built in an NZXT h7 elite back in November with a 7800x3d and 7900xtx.

Was tempted to grab another antec 900 off eBay for the new build for nostalgia’s sake.

Soldato
Lost count, been building PCs for at least 30 years now :(

But most recent batch have been very much SFF
SSUPD Meshlicious (still using but getting upgrade/change itch)
NZXT H1
Louqe Ghost S1 MKII (still boxed, sealed and never used- I loved the Sentry too much)
Dr Zaber Sentry

Before this was usually a mix between Antec and other cases, had the Antec super Lanboy for a good few years back in the 00's

Last edited:
Associate
About 4 but I'm only changing my current one because of the size of the new graphics cards coming out and unfortunately mine doesn't fit which is a shame since I quite like it!

Associate
When I was younger I used to swap and change my case constantly. I must have had 10 or so until I got my current case; Fractal R4. I've had this now since 2013!

A nondescript black box - Love it.

Associate
The 1st was a beige no-brand one I built the computer with. It came from a computer fair (remember those ?).
The 2nd was a Black & Blue Coolermaster Centurian 5 case. I loved that case & had it many years.
Then I had a Fractal Define R2, then perhaps a define R4 ?, it gets hazy.
Next was a Corsair Carbide 330R.
Then I went to a Fractal Meshify C until last week, when I picked up a...
Black, mesh-sided Fractal North.
So 7 in 22 years.
I have a feeling the North I will keep for many years, like the old Cooolermaster Centurian. It's just everything that I want in a case & dropped 10deg off my GPU temps with fewer fans.

Associate
The Eclipse 62 was the ultimate in brutalist server case chic. I don't know if there's anything with those looks nowadays

It's probably a niche these days, but if you want one or, heaven forbid, two (or more!) 5 1/4 bays, multiple 3 1/2 bays and still have enough space for the biggest motherboards, power supplies and graphics cards, then there aren't many options. It doesn't have water-cooling support, which is fine for me - far too much faff and cost compared to a top air-cooler. And the ATX standard itself hasn't changed, so what was a good case back then still more than holds it's own today, if that's the sort of thing you want. Works well in desktop orientation too.

Associate
I've run two to three pc's at a time for the last 14 years and have been building my own pc's for better part of 3 decades, so must have gone over 40 cases. At times changing case on one pc twice in one year. I build rigs upgrade them more as a hobby then a needed tool for a task, so like trying out new case.

Associate
Forced upgrades only for me. Had an Antec case, can't remember the model or when I bought it, until the below occurred

Moved to a Phanteks P300A which has been good and about to move to a Fractal Pop Mini as now I need a shorter case

Back
Top Bottom